Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: How long can I wait to install the new upgrade CD?

Re: How long can I wait to install the new upgrade CD?

Joe Swart [MSFT]

Answers in-line:
Will my original 32 bit version license still remain active?
<joe> No, once you go through the website your 32bit version is on the list
to be disabled regardless if you install the 64bit or not.

Latter on (say 6 months down the line) will my Full upgrade CD I received
(that I had not installed yet) still be good to install and activate at that
time (and de-activate my 32 bit version)?

<joe> Yes the x64 product can be installed and activated at any time,
however your 32bit version will be flagged and the activation related to it
will be disabled within a time period of entering it on the Technology
Advancement Program. (And no it won't be before you receive the x64 product.
J)

<joe> Just to clarify, this is not an "Upgrade" program it's an exchange
program you are giving up your 32bit version for 64bit. To stay legal what
should happen is once you receive the new x64 product you should delete the
32bit version even if you're not planning on installing the x64 product.

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

"John Long - KW7A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the reply.
> But you seem to be answering someone elses questions.
>
> Here I will ask again....
> 1. I install the Trial version.
> 2. I run the Trial for 3 weeks.
> 3. I then decide I don't want to install the Full Upgrade at that

time.

> So....
>
> Will my original 32 bit version license still remain active?
> Latter on (say 6 months down the line) will my Full upgrade CD I received
> (that I had not installed yet) still be good to install and activate at

that
> time (and de-activate my 32 bit version)?
>

> Thanks again,
> John
>

> "MHPNW STAFF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > John,
> >
> > I believe that once you install the "Upgrade", and by that I am assuming

> you
> > mean the product you receive through the Windows Exchange program, you

> will
> > no longer be able to go back. Your 32 bit XP will be invalid as soon as

> you
> > activate the new copy...( you still should have the 30 days until you

> have
> > to activate)
> > You would be better off installing the trial copy..If you unsure .
> >
> > Dennis
> > "John Long - KW7A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Let me re-phase this:
> > >
> > > What if I order the Full upgrade, and receive the trial.
> > > Then I install the Trial and use it for say 1 month and then decide I
> > > don't
> > > want to switch to the 64 version at that time .
> > >
> > > 1. Will my original 32 bit license still be ok (I have not

installed
> /
> > > activated the Full upgrade CD) ?
> > > 2. Can I still use the upgrade to do the switch latter, say 6 month
> > > from
> > > then (when drivers, etc become availiable) ?????
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > John Long
> > >

> > > "John Long" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

James Park

What about those who use the Dell program? Are they allowed to roll back or
is their FAQ mistaken?
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...&s=gen&cs=#sq5

news:(E-Mail Removed)...