Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Buying XP Professional X64?

Buying XP Professional X64?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=

Hello I Live In Australia.
I’m Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can’t Get It In Shop’s. I Called Microsoft
They Said They Don’t Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able To
Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?

Thank You

NA

"Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F476E133-04F9-4701-> Hello I Live In Australia.
> I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called Microsoft
> They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able
> Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?

Microsoft Free upgrade to XP 64
https://microsoft.productorder.com/c...4/default.aspx

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello I Live In Australia.
> I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called Microsoft
> They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able
> Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
>
> Thank You

Since x64 is an OEM product it will eventually arrive in the same channels
as those you can use today to buy the OEM version of Windows - this is not
your usual high street PC stores.
We are just beginning to see this in the US channels and in the UK OEM
distribution channels etc
Have a look around the Internet at your local on-line stores that sell OEM
Microsoft Products and contact them for their expected availability dates.
As regards the price - the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is priced
very closely to or even the same as the 32-bit Windows XP Professional, but
do shop around for the best price from a supplier you trust.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello I Live In Australia.
> I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called Microsoft
> They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able
> Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
>
> Thank You

Wayne Wastier

Jonathan wrote:
> Hello I Live In Australia.
> I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called
> Microsoft They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When
> Will I Be Able To Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
>
> Thank You

Should be soon as it is available in the USA right now. If prices are
comprable, then you should look at prices from 180.00 - 206.00 iin AUD.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Jonathan --
While I don't know when you'll see it available there, it shouldn't be
long. It is _just_ starting to be available in the channel in the US and here
in Canada. Note that you will NOT be able to buy a retail version of XP
Professional x64 Edition. It is only available via OEMs and System Builders.
This means that a consumer electronics store will likely not have a version.
But any of your local system builders will shortly, and they will be able to
sell you a copy as long as you make a qualifying hardware purchase. (And
qualifying hardware purchase can be quite creatively determined.)
Beyond that, if you have an existing Windows XP Professional copy, you
_may_ be eligible for the Technology Advancement Program. See
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...e/default.mspx to see if you
qualify, and if this meets your needs.

--
Charlie.

Jonathan wrote:
> Hello I Live In Australia.
> I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called
> Microsoft They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When
> Will I Be Able To Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
>
> Thank You

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=

Thank You For The Help

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Jonathan --
> While I don't know when you'll see it available there, it shouldn't be
> long. It is _just_ starting to be available in the channel in the US and here
> in Canada. Note that you will NOT be able to buy a retail version of XP
> Professional x64 Edition. It is only available via OEMs and System Builders.
> This means that a consumer electronics store will likely not have a version.
> But any of your local system builders will shortly, and they will be able to
> sell you a copy as long as you make a qualifying hardware purchase. (And
> qualifying hardware purchase can be quite creatively determined.)
> Beyond that, if you have an existing Windows XP Professional copy, you
> _may_ be eligible for the Technology Advancement Program. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...e/default.mspx to see if you
> qualify, and if this meets your needs.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> Jonathan wrote:
> > Hello I Live In Australia.
> > I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called
> > Microsoft They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When
> > Will I Be Able To Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
> >
> > Thank You

Steve

Hi, i live in Australia too and found this shop that has it now -->>
http://www.pluscorp.com.au/
"Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello I Live In Australia.
> I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called Microsoft
> They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able
> Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
>
> Thank You

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=

Steve Thank You Very Much