Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Feedback

Re: Feedback

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)

John Barnes wrote:
> You don't need the SATA drivers for the install as NForce4 sees SATA
> drives as IDE. I had the same problems as you are having and they
> stopped when I stopped trying to install the F6 drivers. Also, use
> the Recovery Console repair option (bootcfg) and let it create a new
> boot.ini That solved the problems you describe for me. I have the
> same board 4 SATA drives and no IDE drives and also 2 gig ram
> (thought most of my programs ignore anything over 1 gig). I also did

Hi> a fix boot but don't think that was necessary.

Hi John,

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try right now and will tell you.
Anyway, I did try yesterday with and without sata drivers, without any
results.
I did use also the recovery console and the bootcfg to fix the boot.ini, but
it didn't work, as I have two boot.ini files.
I feel better as I know I'm not the only to struggle

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

John Barnes

Don't know if it will change anything for you but I used the /add option of
bootcfg to add the new entries without changing the original entries. also
if you name the os entries differently when you do it you can recognize the
new entries and you can get rid of the boot.ini that isn't being used.

"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...