Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing XP 64 with USB Keyboard

Installing XP 64 with USB Keyboard

Charlie Russel - MVP

And your point? The user asked about USB, not bluetooth. See the subject. And
I don't know of any Mobos that support bluetooth in bios, though I suppose
it's possible.

--
Charlie.

_Mark_ wrote:
> Exactly. I had a long conversation with ASUS concerning the K8N
> motherboard and was told that bluetooth support was not in the BIOS
> as yet, and did not have any idea as to when...
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just for clarity - a bluetooth keyboard is a very different issue
>> than a USB one. A straight USB keyboard _should_ work, if you have
>> legacy USB support turned on in the BIOS. If it doesn't, it's a BIOS
>> issue, and check for an updated one. Bluetooth, OTOH, is not going
>> to work until you get far enough for the drivers to be enabled in
>> the OS. Period. --
>> Charlie.
>>
>> _Mark_ wrote:
>>> Already been thru all of that with ASUS and Microsoft. The reason
>>> you are having this problem is that ASUS doesnt have any bluetooth
>>> support built into their BIOS yet. Mine wouldnt work until it got
>>> to the password prompt, then it would work fine. Finally got tired
>>> of it and returned it. Went with a Microsoft Wireless Optical
>>> setup. "iansmythe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

ocbwilg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And your point? The user asked about USB, not bluetooth. See the subject.
> And I don't know of any Mobos that support bluetooth in bios, though I
> suppose it's possible.

Correct. It wouldn't be a BIOS option so much as it would be an add-on
chipset feature (like SATA RAID, LAN, audio, etc).