Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: product key for RC2

Re: product key for RC2

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"tommytucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what are we suppose to use for product key for RC2?
> --
> tommytucker

Your not supposed to be using a pre-release/unfinished version of the
product now that we have shipped it.
You should either be purchasing the product or if you still need to
evaluate/trial it then you should use the released trial versions
see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
and
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...l/default.mspx

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"tommytucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what are we suppose to use for product key for RC2?
> --
> tommytucker
> music city, tn

Billie Volkova

A lot of people are having to use RC2 at the moment. Given that none of the
orders seem to have been sent or will be until later on now, or others like
myself have the problem with OEM keys and can't even place our exchange
order.

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "tommytucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> what are we suppose to use for product key for RC2?
>> --
>> tommytucker

> Your not supposed to be using a pre-release/unfinished version of the
> product now that we have shipped it.
> You should either be purchasing the product or if you still need to
> evaluate/trial it then you should use the released trial versions
> see
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
> and
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...l/default.mspx
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "tommytucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> what are we suppose to use for product key for RC2?
>> --
>> tommytucker
>> music city, tn

John Barnes

Those who want to try the product before they commit to it are in a
frustrating queue with no discernable end. I personally did buy the x64
windows since that will be the end result anyway. Even if it turns out to
be unsatisfactory now, at least keeping the 32-bit license makes sense, and
keeping up with the evolving 64-bit implementation requires having that OS
on your system too. I know my modem, scanner, and printer will not work
initially and the keyboard and mouse function keys won't work either. Since
Microsoft has chosen not to provide a list of products with 64-bit drivers
or compatibility it is a challenge finding replacements. Throw in the
software that won't work and you have to wonder why most people would want
it. But since many have had 64-bit processors for a long time and have
waited patiently I can see why they are anxious to get the product that was
promised, but without any concern for the ability to have product in the
pipeline. I think many who end up swapping their 32-bit system licenses for
the 64-bit licenses will regret it, so having bad programming on the order
page and no product to deliver is probably a blessing. They can change
their minds when they start getting feedback here from those who buy the
product and find out how much it costs to get back the functionality they
had on the 32-bit system.

news:%23rWOCo%(E-Mail Removed)...