Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > exchanging 32bit licence to 64bit licence problem

exchanging 32bit licence to 64bit licence problem

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
invalid .
why is this ? (please help)

Andre Da Costa

From Rafael:
Who is your OEM? What people fail to realize is that their OEMs have their
own similar (if not identical) advancement programs and shouldn't be using
Microsoft's.

Provide more information.

--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
> when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
> invalid .
> why is this ? (please help)

Andre Da Costa

A: Verify the software you want to exchange is included in the Technology
Advancement Software. If the software you have to exchange is included then
verify the software was acquired between March 31, 2003 and June 30, 2005.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
> when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
> invalid .
> why is this ? (please help)

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

i got the new system on the 6th of may from a local computer store who built
it to my spec/price
spec =
athlon64 3200 (socket 754)
asus k8n
1536 mb of ddr400
80 gig hd
win xp pro oem (windows xp is the 1-2 cpu version)
galaxy 6600gt agp
opt mouse
mercury keyboard

need any more info ? , emailed microsoft about it and the reply said i need
to send a email with the title Tier Validation Requested , but no reply as of
yet

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> A: Verify the software you want to exchange is included in the Technology
> Advancement Software. If the software you have to exchange is included then
> verify the software was acquired between March 31, 2003 and June 30, 2005.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
> > when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
> > invalid .
> > why is this ? (please help)

=?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=

What Rafael fails to realize is that there is a separate issue from
manufacturer OEM's. Those of us that had PC's specially built from local PC
shops, and got the basic NON-Manufacturer OEM XP Pro, are unable to to go
through the form. We're all getting invalid COA/PID errors, and this is a
completely separate issue. This is NOT from a large OEM. This is OEM from
local shops.

I'm in the same boat, A64 from a local shop, XP is an OEM CD with a sticker.
Tier2 has not replied to my e-mail request for validation either. It is a
legit copy.

Ravlen

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> From Rafael:
> Who is your OEM? What people fail to realize is that their OEMs have their
> own similar (if not identical) advancement programs and shouldn't be using
> Microsoft's.
>
> Provide more information.
>
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
> > when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
> > invalid .
> > why is this ? (please help)

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

at least i am not the only one with this problem , it is about time microsoft
sorted this out

"Ravlen" wrote:

> What Rafael fails to realize is that there is a separate issue from
> manufacturer OEM's. Those of us that had PC's specially built from local PC
> shops, and got the basic NON-Manufacturer OEM XP Pro, are unable to to go
> through the form. We're all getting invalid COA/PID errors, and this is a
> completely separate issue. This is NOT from a large OEM. This is OEM from
> local shops.
>
> I'm in the same boat, A64 from a local shop, XP is an OEM CD with a sticker.
> Tier2 has not replied to my e-mail request for validation either. It is a
> legit copy.
>
> Ravlen
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
> > From Rafael:
> > Who is your OEM? What people fail to realize is that their OEMs have their
> > own similar (if not identical) advancement programs and shouldn't be using
> > Microsoft's.
> >
> > Provide more information.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Andre
> >
> > "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
> > > when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
> > > invalid .
> > > why is this ? (please help)

Joe Swart [MSFT]

Tier2 validation is currently being reviewed manually, so please be patient.

I know you've heard this before but we are working on this.

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

"russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> at least i am not the only one with this problem , it is about time

microsoft
> sorted this out
>
> "Ravlen" wrote:
>
> > What Rafael fails to realize is that there is a separate issue from
> > manufacturer OEM's. Those of us that had PC's specially built from local

PC
> > shops, and got the basic NON-Manufacturer OEM XP Pro, are unable to to

go
> > through the form. We're all getting invalid COA/PID errors, and this is

> > completely separate issue. This is NOT from a large OEM. This is OEM

from
> > local shops.
> >
> > I'm in the same boat, A64 from a local shop, XP is an OEM CD with a

sticker.
> > Tier2 has not replied to my e-mail request for validation either. It is

> > legit copy.
> >
> > Ravlen
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
> >
> > > From Rafael:
> > > Who is your OEM? What people fail to realize is that their OEMs have

their
> > > own similar (if not identical) advancement programs and shouldn't be

using
> > > Microsoft's.
> > >
> > > Provide more information.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Andre
> > > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> > > FAQ for MS AntiSpy

> > > "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

, but

pid/coa is

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

thats good to know , but please hurry

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" wrote:

> Tier2 validation is currently being reviewed manually, so please be patient.
>
> I know you've heard this before but we are working on this.
>

> --
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > at least i am not the only one with this problem , it is about time

> microsoft
> > sorted this out
> >
> > "Ravlen" wrote:
> >
> > > What Rafael fails to realize is that there is a separate issue from
> > > manufacturer OEM's. Those of us that had PC's specially built from local

> PC
> > > shops, and got the basic NON-Manufacturer OEM XP Pro, are unable to to

> go
> > > through the form. We're all getting invalid COA/PID errors, and this is

> > > completely separate issue. This is NOT from a large OEM. This is OEM

> from
> > > local shops.
> > >
> > > I'm in the same boat, A64 from a local shop, XP is an OEM CD with a

> sticker.
> > > Tier2 has not replied to my e-mail request for validation either. It is

> > > legit copy.
> > >
> > > Ravlen

> their

> using

> , but

> pid/coa is

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?=

Ravlen,

That was my response to another customer, not you, which was merely pasted
by Andre. Don't get hostile on me...

--
Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Ravlen" wrote:

> What Rafael fails to realize is that there is a separate issue from
> manufacturer OEM's. Those of us that had PC's specially built from local PC
> shops, and got the basic NON-Manufacturer OEM XP Pro, are unable to to go
> through the form. We're all getting invalid COA/PID errors, and this is a
> completely separate issue. This is NOT from a large OEM. This is OEM from
> local shops.
>
> I'm in the same boat, A64 from a local shop, XP is an OEM CD with a sticker.
> Tier2 has not replied to my e-mail request for validation either. It is a
> legit copy.
>
> Ravlen
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
> > From Rafael:
> > Who is your OEM? What people fail to realize is that their OEMs have their
> > own similar (if not identical) advancement programs and shouldn't be using
> > Microsoft's.
> >
> > Provide more information.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Andre
> >
> > "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >i have just gone and got a new system with windows xp pro oem install , but
> > > when i try to change it via the microsoft 64bit site it says my pid/coa is
> > > invalid .
> > > why is this ? (please help)

Rocko

I wish Andre would quit that.