Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: virus detected

Re: virus detected

Aldo Bleeker

Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>
>>If you want to be on the safe side you can also make sure you have
>>Antivirus program such as Avast installed:
>>

> Just a small problem with avast, the version I downloaded yesterday have a
> key valid till 15 of june. So, in 5 weeks, I'll have to buy it or to remove
> it.
>
> McAfee have a X64 version either.... free...
>
> Cheers

Did you get the right version? Avast Home is free for 'home users which
do not use their computer for profit' (quote from their home page). You
just register, they will send you a key by e-mail, and you can use it
for (I think) a year. After that period you're free to apply for a new
key. And it is really 64-bits, it works just fine on XP Pro x64, I run
it on mine. Though I have to admit as far as I'm concerned they could
have used a slightly less fancy interface...

And are you sure about a free x64 McAfee? I couldn't find anything about
an x64 version, let alone about a free version, and it doesn't sound
like them at all, unless it's a beta, or something.

Aldo Bleeker

AVG detected a virus but cannot remove. mandy Computer Support 9 06-11-2004 04:03 PM
Virus detected wntw Computer Support 9 12-02-2003 08:58 PM
Norton anti virus 2004 detected spyware and can't delete it nadine Computer Support 9 09-28-2003 05:22 AM