Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: product key for RC2

Re: product key for RC2

ocbwilg

"Hippo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have used the "upgrade your 32bit to 64bit" program only to be left in
>the
> dark on what is happening. I am still using RC2 with little compatibility
> problems (amazingly all the hardware i have connected has a driver), and
> if
> using RC2 creates " irrelevant or erroneous results tat may not reflect
> the
> capabilities or
> performance of the final now released product." it is not the users (who
> have used the upgrade program) fault, it is Microsoft's.

Interesting logic there. You're continuing to run pre-release software that
may be lacking bugfixes, performance optimizations, and other changes that
were made for the release version when the release version is available, and
the problem with erroneous results is Microsoft's and not yours? It's
amazing the lengths people will go to to try to avoid responsibility for
their actions.

> I wish Microsoft
> would at the least have some kind of announcement on what is happening
> with
> this program, or even answer the emails that i have read about that have
> not
> been answered.

They have said several times in this very newsgroup that they have had
problems, and the upgrades haven't shipped yet, that your order status will
remain pending until the order is shipped, and your credit card will not be
charged until it is shipped. On which points do you feel Microsoft has been
uncommunicative? Obviously if they had a ship date they would provide it,
so I'm not sure what you're missing out on.

Aldo Bleeker

ocbwilg wrote:
> "Hippo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have used the "upgrade your 32bit to 64bit" program only to be left in
>>the
>>dark on what is happening. I am still using RC2 with little compatibility
>>problems (amazingly all the hardware i have connected has a driver), and
>>if
>>using RC2 creates " irrelevant or erroneous results tat may not reflect
>>the
>>capabilities or
>>performance of the final now released product." it is not the users (who
>>have used the upgrade program) fault, it is Microsoft's.

> Interesting logic there. You're continuing to run pre-release software that
> may be lacking bugfixes, performance optimizations, and other changes that
> were made for the release version when the release version is available, and
> the problem with erroneous results is Microsoft's and not yours? It's
> amazing the lengths people will go to to try to avoid responsibility for
> their actions.
>

>>I wish Microsoft
>>would at the least have some kind of announcement on what is happening
>>with
>>this program, or even answer the emails that i have read about that have
>>not
>>been answered.

> They have said several times in this very newsgroup that they have had
> problems, and the upgrades haven't shipped yet, that your order status will
> remain pending until the order is shipped, and your credit card will not be
> charged until it is shipped. On which points do you feel Microsoft has been
> uncommunicative? Obviously if they had a ship date they would provide it,
> so I'm not sure what you're missing out on.

I second that! If you run beta software (RC2), you can't blame Microsoft
for any errors you might find. Or do you mean you have to run it because
MS hasn't provided you with any alternatives? A downloadable trial
version of XP Pro x64 would be nice, I grant you that, but that will
come "soon", and like Mike said, you can always download 2003 EE x64, or
purchase Pro x64.

That said, even though I think MS has gone out of it's way to help us
out (thanks guys, you know who I'm referring to), and have been very
clear and courteous in their communications in this newsgroup, I do feel
this third party that handles the actual TAP (productorder.com?) aren't
doing a great job at all. There were some serious problems with the
order form, I know that in a lot of cases they didn't send confirmation
mails (I didn't get any myself), there's no real information about our
orders, and they haven't responded to my mails yet (except for one
boilerplate mail that didn't answer my questions at all). This made this
whole experience quite frustrating, and I'm quite convinced it didn't
have to be.

Aldo Bleeker