Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: XP 64 in Deutsch

Re: XP 64 in Deutsch

Markus Eckelt

So, if I buy a new PC with the german MUI pack, will I also be able to have
an english interface for a user? Or will it be german-only?

Regards
Markus Eckelt

"Bruno Lewin [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Jean-Baptiste,
>
> > I've got the PC yet, and I just need the French MUI Pack.

> I should have been more specific: Windows *with* the MUI Pack could be

part
> of your new hardware purchase. Unfortunately I don't know of any way of
> getting just the MUI Pack that would work for you.
>
> --
> Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

rights.
> Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous
> confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation.
>

> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Hi Bruno,
> >
> > Thank you very much for all this information.
> > Nevertheless, when you write "with purchase of new hardware", do you

mean
> > new PC, or just a piece of qualifying hardware, the same way that one

can
> > purchase an OEM copy of Windows XP ?
> >
> > I've got the PC yet, and I just need the French MUI Pack.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jean-Baptiste Faure
> >

> > "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi / Hallo / Bonsoir,

> > > - Multilingual User Interface Packs ("MUI Packs") will indeed be

> available
> > > to cover languages other than English & Japanese. These will be

specific
> > > x64.
> > >
> > > - They will be available via volume licensing, MSDN or with purchase

of
> > > new
> > > hardware (OEM)
> > >
> > > - First MUI Pack (German & Japanese) has been released to

manufacturing
> > > last
> > > week. I'm not sure about actual availabilty date. Other languages are

in
> > > testing.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

> > > rights.

Joe Swart [MSFT]

If it's a MUI pack then yes you should be able to see English as well, see
the following link for more information (this link does not specifically
detail x64 MUI but has MUI general Q&A):

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/D...qs/MUIFaq.mspx

BTW Markus you'll want to read the new x64 FAQ that will be posted later
today, it has MUI information in it as well.

-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

"Markus Eckelt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d5que0$9lv$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> So, if I buy a new PC with the german MUI pack, will I also be able to

have
> an english interface for a user? Or will it be german-only?
>
> Regards
> Markus Eckelt
>

> "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Jean-Baptiste,
> >
> > > I've got the PC yet, and I just need the French MUI Pack.

> > I should have been more specific: Windows *with* the MUI Pack could be

> part
> > of your new hardware purchase. Unfortunately I don't know of any way of
> > getting just the MUI Pack that would work for you.
> >
> > --
> > Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

> rights.
> > Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne

vous
> > confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son

utilisation.

> > "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > Hi Bruno,
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for all this information.
> > > Nevertheless, when you write "with purchase of new hardware", do you

> mean
> > > new PC, or just a piece of qualifying hardware, the same way that one

> can
> > > purchase an OEM copy of Windows XP ?
> > >
> > > I've got the PC yet, and I just need the French MUI Pack.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Jean-Baptiste Faure
> > >

> > > "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > available

> specific

> of

> manufacturing

are
> in

Markus Eckelt

Thanks for the answer.

Well, as I gather from this newsgroup (actually, news pages indicate this as
well), there will be no localised german version which should automatically
mean that it is a MUI pack.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how and when things progress in the
future.

Markus

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If it's a MUI pack then yes you should be able to see English as well, see
> the following link for more information (this link does not specifically
> detail x64 MUI but has MUI general Q&A):
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/D...qs/MUIFaq.mspx
>

> BTW Markus you'll want to read the new x64 FAQ that will be posted later
> today, it has MUI information in it as well.
>
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

rights.
> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "Markus Eckelt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d5que0$9lv$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> > So, if I buy a new PC with the german MUI pack, will I also be able to

> have
> > an english interface for a user? Or will it be german-only?
> >
> > Regards
> > Markus Eckelt
> >

> > "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi Jean-Baptiste,

> > > I should have been more specific: Windows *with* the MUI Pack could be

> > part
> > > of your new hardware purchase. Unfortunately I don't know of any way

of
> > > getting just the MUI Pack that would work for you.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

> > rights.
> > > Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne

> vous
> > > confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son

> utilisation.
> > >

> > > "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> > mean

one
> > can

> > > available

> > specific

purchase
> > of

> > manufacturing

> are
> > in

no

Markus Eckelt

Thank you for the answer.

Well, since there is only going to be a german MUI pack instead of a fully
localised version I hope they won't disable the english menu.

P.S.: I can see no sign of a x64 FAQ yet.

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If it's a MUI pack then yes you should be able to see English as well, see
> the following link for more information (this link does not specifically
> detail x64 MUI but has MUI general Q&A):
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/D...qs/MUIFaq.mspx
>

> BTW Markus you'll want to read the new x64 FAQ that will be posted later
> today, it has MUI information in it as well.
>
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

rights.
> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "Markus Eckelt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d5que0$9lv$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> > So, if I buy a new PC with the german MUI pack, will I also be able to

> have
> > an english interface for a user? Or will it be german-only?
> >
> > Regards
> > Markus Eckelt
> >

> > "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi Jean-Baptiste,

> > > I should have been more specific: Windows *with* the MUI Pack could be

> > part
> > > of your new hardware purchase. Unfortunately I don't know of any way

of
> > > getting just the MUI Pack that would work for you.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

> > rights.
> > > Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne

> vous
> > > confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son

> utilisation.
> > >

> > > "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> > mean

one
> > can

> > > available

> > specific

purchase
> > of

> > manufacturing

> are
> > in

no

Nachrichten nur in Deutsch jürgen sack Computer Support 3 02-03-2008 02:24 PM
Atm ping and Deutsch Telekom. AM Cisco 0 12-22-2005 05:38 PM
Python deutsch Werner.Warweg Python 3 12-29-2003 10:50 AM
[de] Update of FAQ in German/FAQ auf Deutsch ueberarbeitet Josef 'Jupp' Schugt Ruby 0 09-22-2003 08:56 PM

Advertisments