Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Star Trek

Star Trek

NMORRELL

Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

=?Utf-8?B?aXJpc2gzMDE=?=

"NMORRELL" wrote:

> Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

=?Utf-8?B?aXJpc2gzMDE=?=

I don't know about Starfleet Command working or not working on x64. But I
would be interested to know who you are buying your system from? I am
interested in getting a pre-install as well.

irish301

"NMORRELL" wrote:

> Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

MHPNW STAFF

Check out NWComputersinc.com

Ask for Dennis

"irish301" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't know about Starfleet Command working or not working on x64. But I
> would be interested to know who you are buying your system from? I am
> interested in getting a pre-install as well.
>
> irish301
>
> "NMORRELL" wrote:
>
> > Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> > experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

John Long

There are a few suppliers taking orders for "Pre-Sales" of x64 systems.

Monarch Computers is one.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com

John

"irish301" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't know about Starfleet Command working or not working on x64. But I
> would be interested to know who you are buying your system from? I am
> interested in getting a pre-install as well.
>
> irish301
>
> "NMORRELL" wrote:
>
> > Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> > experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

NMORRELL

ncix.com

"irish301" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't know about Starfleet Command working or not working on x64. But I
> would be interested to know who you are buying your system from? I am
> interested in getting a pre-install as well.
>
> irish301
>
> "NMORRELL" wrote:
>
> > Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> > experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

Victor L. Marshall

I have played all three on RC2, the games run better on X64 than they did on
XP. With regular xp the games would be unresponsive to keyboard commands
unless you minimized the game and then switched back to the game full
screen. Compatability modes did not help. With X64 the games were kludge
free, and stable.
"NMORRELL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

NMORRELL

Great to hear! Us geeks need our Star Trek!

"Victor L. Marshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have played all three on RC2, the games run better on X64 than they did

on
> XP. With regular xp the games would be unresponsive to keyboard commands
> unless you minimized the game and then switched back to the game full
> screen. Compatability modes did not help. With X64 the games were kludge
> free, and stable.
> "NMORRELL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
> > experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

Christian Hougardy [MVP]

"NMORRELL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)
> Great to hear! Us geeks need our Star Trek!
>
> "Victor L. Marshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have played all three on RC2, the games run better on X64 than
>> they did on XP. With regular xp the games would be unresponsive to
>> keyboard commands unless you minimized the game and then switched
>> back to the game full screen. Compatability modes did not help.
>> With X64 the games were kludge free, and stable.
>> "NMORRELL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
>>> experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

Now, you have to test the new Far Cry. 490 meg of patches and another 430
meg for some x64 improvments. See hereunder for more info

cheers

--
Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
Johannesburg - South Africa