Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Modem Error When Connecting through Dial-Up

Modem Error When Connecting through Dial-Up

=?Utf-8?B?YWxhc3RhaXI=?=

Whenever I try to connect to the internet with my dial-up connection it gives
me an "error 692". As soon as I click the connection the error appears. There
is no sound from the modem at all. I have read all the support material
Microsoft have available on this error and followed it. No solution. I have
also searched the net for any solutions. None.

My modem is picked up by the OS and when a diagnotic is run on the modem it
responds normally. The modem is a Conexant soft modem and Windows XP x64 has
a driver for it. I fear it might still be a driver issue.

I have the final release of Windows XP x64.

Andre Da Costa

Did you delete the connection and try creating it again to see if that
solves the problem? And to make sure it is working properly, right click My
Computer > Properties > Hardware (tab) > Device Manager > expand "Modems" >
right click the name of your modem and click "Properties", under General
(tab) Device Status.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"alastair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whenever I try to connect to the internet with my dial-up connection it
> gives
> me an "error 692". As soon as I click the connection the error appears.
> There
> is no sound from the modem at all. I have read all the support material
> Microsoft have available on this error and followed it. No solution. I
> have
> also searched the net for any solutions. None.
>
> My modem is picked up by the OS and when a diagnotic is run on the modem
> it
> responds normally. The modem is a Conexant soft modem and Windows XP x64
> has
> a driver for it. I fear it might still be a driver issue.

> I have the final release of Windows XP x64.

=?Utf-8?B?YWxhc3RhaXI=?=

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have done that. Believe me I have done all the usual troubleshooting
that goes with modem problems. I even swapped my telephone and nothing
changed. Even reseated it in it's slot