Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Upgrade (Acer Customers)

x64 Upgrade (Acer Customers)

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?=

If you have acquired a new x64 computer from Acer between March 31, 2003 and
July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) (Windows XP Pro
(32 Bit)) with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (other SKUs are eligible,
see the website for more details), you should be utilizing Acer's upgrade
form rather than Microsoft's. If you have already mistakenly applied for an
upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend you do not submit another upgrade
request unless told otherwise, as this may just create additional and
unnecessary workload.

The Acer Technology Advancement Program for Windows XP x64 can be found at
https://dc.mis.com.sg/acer/xp_pro/terms.asp

.... and just for informative purposes ...

The Acer Technology Advancement Program for Windows Server 2003 x64 can be
found at
https://dc.mis.com.sg/acer/win2k/terms.asp

--
Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Rocko

I bought an Acer Ferrari in March, and submitted an upgrade request to the
MS site (which seemed to be accepted - pending status). Then the Acer site
appeared. I inquired there, and the email bounced. I emailed Acer tech
support regarding the bad email link and didn't get a response. I'm
expecting microsoft to come good, since thet accepted my COA.PID and credit
card.

Otherwise it's Red Hat....

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?=

Hi Rocko,

You should be covered. In the end, all this data ends up in the same
third-party hands. Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with the
submission process, though!

--

"Rocko" wrote:

> I bought an Acer Ferrari in March, and submitted an upgrade request to the
> MS site (which seemed to be accepted - pending status). Then the Acer site
> appeared. I inquired there, and the email bounced. I emailed Acer tech
> support regarding the bad email link and didn't get a response. I'm
> expecting microsoft to come good, since thet accepted my COA.PID and credit
> card.
>
> Otherwise it's Red Hat....

Rocko

Made my day (or night, as it where...)