Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Upgrade (HP Customers)

x64 Upgrade (HP Customers)

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?=

If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP Pro
(32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend
you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this may
just create additional and unnecessary workload.

The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

--
Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Nicholas D. Ford

It's too bad they don't support Pavilion (or ANY consumer products for
that matter) computers that have x64 processors! I bought an HP
Pavilion zv5410us with the intentions of running XP x64....only to find
out HP will NOT support this!

Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com] wrote:
> If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
> July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of
> Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP Pro
> (32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
> should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
> already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend
> you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this may
> just create additional and unnecessary workload.
>
> The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?=

Nicholas,

If you decide to take the risk and upgrade yourself (understanding you will
void your support/warranty contract), please know the community is behind you
all the way!

--

"Nicholas D. Ford" wrote:

> It's too bad they don't support Pavilion (or ANY consumer products for
> that matter) computers that have x64 processors! I bought an HP
> Pavilion zv5410us with the intentions of running XP x64....only to find
> out HP will NOT support this!
>
> Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com] wrote:
> > If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
> > July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of
> > Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP Pro
> > (32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
> > should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
> > already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend
> > you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this may
> > just create additional and unnecessary workload.
> >
> > The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> > https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

=?Utf-8?B?QWxsZW4=?=

I have a Compaq Presario R3000Z with a AMD 64 bit CPU and I was told by a HP
Chat suooprt person who told me that this notebook will run on XP Pro 64 bit
Edition and he sent me links where I can get the 64 bit drivers for the video
card,modem, and audio driver. If anyone like the links please let me know and
I will send the links to you. I also wrote serveral letters to HP complaining
that I can not find anyone who can give me a answer if HP is going to support
the 64 bit OS for this notebook and I was told by a HP saleperson (before I
brought this notebook) that HP would support the 64 bit OS.

"Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" wrote:

> If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
> July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of
> Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP Pro
> (32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
> should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
> already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend
> you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this may
> just create additional and unnecessary workload.
>
> The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx
>
> --
> Rafael Rivera
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

M. Murcek

Are they HP/Compaq drivers? I have XP x64 OEM running on a zv5000z, but I
had to round up the drivers from nVidia's site and laptopvideo2go.com.
Everything works, but it would be interesting to see what HP/Compaq is
telling people to download.

"Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]"
<(E-Mail Removed) om> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
> July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version
> of
> Microsoft Windows XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP
> Pro
> (32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
> should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
> already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I
> recommend
> you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this
> may
> just create additional and unnecessary workload.
>
> The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx
>
> --
> Rafael Rivera
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

=?Utf-8?B?QWxsZW4=?=

No they are not HP drivers. He got them for me from the manufacture web sites.

"M. Murcek" wrote:

> Are they HP/Compaq drivers? I have XP x64 OEM running on a zv5000z, but I
> had to round up the drivers from nVidia's site and laptopvideo2go.com.
> Everything works, but it would be interesting to see what HP/Compaq is
> telling people to download.
>
> "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]"
> <(E-Mail Removed) om> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
> > July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version
> > of
> > Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP
> > Pro
> > (32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
> > should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
> > already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I
> > recommend
> > you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this
> > may
> > just create additional and unnecessary workload.
> >
> > The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> > https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Rafael Rivera

=?Utf-8?B?QWxsZW4=?=

Here is an email from HP about my AMD 64 bit Cpmpaq R3000Z notebook.

Dear Allen,

Currently the Technology Advancement Software program is only available to
customers who own one or more of the qualifying HP Workstations: xw4200
(with an optional EM64T processor), xw6200, xw8200 and/or xw9300. In
addition, these systems must have a previously licensed 32-bit version of
Microsoft Windows XP Professional installed on them.

Our Team is currently reviewing the option of adding some of our Notebooks
to the Technology Advancement Software program. With a decision expected to
be made within the next 2 weeks.

After the decision has been made, we will send you an email to advise if
your Notebook is eligible for the software through this program.

Kindest Regards,
HP x64 Team

"Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" wrote:

> If you have acquired a new x64 computer from HP between March 31, 2003 and
> July 31, 2005 and intend on replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of
> Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) ("Windows XP Pro
> (32 Bit)") with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you
> should be utilizing HP's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
> already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend
> you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this may
> just create additional and unnecessary workload.
>
> The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx
>
> --
> Rafael Rivera
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

kevin

Allen:

Please post, if you would, the decision at which HP/Compaq arrives. I've
tried, to no avail, to convince the good folks at HP/Compaq to throw a bone
to those of us who within the recent past have purchased machines from the
R3000 series (I'm running an R3240US) and its correspondent AMD 64-bit
processor. So far, all I've gotten was promises to be notified of
discussions -- far short of notifying me of any decision. And they've failed
to keep even that shallow promise.

Thanks,
Kevin O'Horan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...