Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Disk partitioning for XP x64

Disk partitioning for XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

Disk partitioning for XP x64 edition

I have ordered the x64 edition OS disk from MS.
When it arrives I plan to install it using a fresh install on a newer 32 bit
PC. This will be a temporally learning project for x64 until I purchase a
Duel processor with Windows Media Center PC.

I need some advice for partitions.
I am planning to do the following partitions:
6 GB OS x64
10 GB My Documents
Separate from My Documents partition
10 GB My music
2 GB My Photos
10 GB Historical Folders and files (seldom used or updated)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Jerry

It won't install unless your 'newer 32-bit PC' has a motherboard with a
64-bit cpu and chipset.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Disk partitioning for XP x64 edition
>
> I have ordered the x64 edition OS disk from MS.
> When it arrives I plan to install it using a fresh install on a newer 32
> bit
> PC. This will be a temporally learning project for x64 until I purchase a
> Duel processor with Windows Media Center PC.
>
> I need some advice for partitions.
> I am planning to do the following partitions:
> 6 GB OS x64
> 10 GB My Documents
> Separate from My Documents partition
> 10 GB My music
> 2 GB My Photos
> 10 GB Historical Folders and files (seldom used or updated)
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.

Andre Da Costa

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition only works on a 64 bit computer, you
just mentioned installing it on a 32 bit computer, it will not work.

Read here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...e/default.mspx
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Can partitioning a disk reduce booting trouble? joshidm@gmail.com Computer Support 23 03-20-2007 10:39 PM
for a partitioning solution i will run Acronis on my dads x86 and use the created boot disk ossizen@gmail.com Windows 64bit 1 04-01-2006 01:39 AM
Re: partitioning Kendal Emery MCSE 2 04-29-2004 09:32 PM
Re: partitioning billyw MCSE 9 04-29-2004 08:29 PM
partitioning no one MCSE 0 04-29-2004 07:02 PM

Advertisments