Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: ODBC Driver for MS Access 2003

Re: ODBC Driver for MS Access 2003

=?Utf-8?B?VGltb24gQi4=?=

I did not find any information about ODBC and Windows x64 in
microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr, but now I will poste my question
there.

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Did you get any info from the microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr
> newsgroup?
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Timon B." <Timon (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just installed Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Access 2003 on my
> > Notebook. Now I want to create a new ODBC DataSource. But when I want to
> > add
> > a new (Access) DataSource Windows only offers the "SQL Server" Driver.
> > Wher
> > to get the Access ODBC driver?
> >
> > Thanks for helping me!
> >
> > Timon B.

Andre Da Costa

Yes thats what I meant, post your query in that newsgroups and you should
get an appropriate answer regarding ODBC.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Timon B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I did not find any information about ODBC and Windows x64 in
> microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr, but now I will poste my question
> there.
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Did you get any info from the microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr
>> newsgroup?
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> "Timon B." <Timon (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I just installed Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Access 2003 on
>> > my
>> > Notebook. Now I want to create a new ODBC DataSource. But when I want
>> > add
>> > a new (Access) DataSource Windows only offers the "SQL Server" Driver.
>> > Wher
>> > to get the Access ODBC driver?
>> >
>> > Thanks for helping me!
>> >
>> > Timon B.

=?Utf-8?B?VGltb24gQi4=?=

I think I found a solution.

I started the ODBC DataSource Administrator loacatet in the directory
sysWOW64. This ODBC DataSource Administrator offers me also the Access ODBC
Driver for *.mdb and I was able to add the DataSource and access the
*.mdb-File via ODBC.

I think Access 2003 installed the ODBC Driver for Access only in the
sysWOW64 Folder because MS Access 2003 is a 32 bit application. Right?

Is it possible to "import" the Access driver into the ODBC DataSource
Administrator in the Folder system32?

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Yes thats what I meant, post your query in that newsgroups and you should
> get an appropriate answer regarding ODBC.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Timon B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I did not find any information about ODBC and Windows x64 in
> > microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr, but now I will poste my question
> > there.
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you get any info from the microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr
> >> newsgroup?
> >> --
> >>
> >> Andre
> >>
> >> "Timon B." <Timon (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

Think of the sysWOW64 as the System32 folder equivalent for 32-bit
applications. When Access 2003 was installed, it thinks it wrote to the
System32 folder but really wrote to sysWOW64. I'm not sure if the ODBC
Data Source Administrator supports the use of 32-bit drivers.

Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com