Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: 64-bit & future. . .

Re: 64-bit & future. . .

VWWall

Tony Sperling wrote:
> Dear group!
>
> So, 64-bit has landed - the OS ramifications are clearing up, what can we
> expect next? Personally, I am at least a bit exhilarated with my Athlon 64,
> but I am also quite a bit disappointed with the system at the same time.

"With 64-bit you will be able to get a lot more performance out of the
applications you have now: Terminal Server is more than twice as fast;
Active Directory is twice as fast, and everybody has their Web sites
they want to run faster..."

Bill Gates to eWeek Senior Editor Peter Galli,
"Gates Seeks New Era", (p20, eWeek May 2,2005)

--
Virg Wall