Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Exam 70-290

Exam 70-290

Aibak

Hi-

I cleared exam 70-290 yesterday(705 marks). But in the
exam there were 1 question from IIS(regarding 2 domains
and how it is configured with DNS). I suppose DNS and IIS
is not supposed to be for 70-290 and the question did not
make any sense to me similarly there were 1 question on
Scripting.

Qs- Does MS exams cross the boundary (Skills being
measured, in MS site of each paper).

showgun

I've had same experience with a couple of exams. I think
they just like to put in a few non related questions just
to test your knowledge and to help randomize things.

Spooky Nerd

To quote the Microsoft Preparation Guide for 70-290
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/ex...290.asp#SKILLS

"Manage a Web server.

* Manage Internet Information Services (IIS).
* Manage security for IIS.
"

This is why you should always read Microsoft's preparation guide before
taking an exam. Just because material is not in the exam book, that
doesn't mean it will not be on the exam. Even the Microsoft Press book
on 70-290 does not cover IIS.

Chris

Oh, and congratulations on the pass!

"Aibak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:20b401c3fc55
$a892f990$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi-
>
> I cleared exam 70-290 yesterday(705 marks). But in the
> exam there were 1 question from IIS(regarding 2 domains
> and how it is configured with DNS). I suppose DNS and IIS
> is not supposed to be for 70-290 and the question did not
> make any sense to me similarly there were 1 question on
> Scripting.
>
> Qs- Does MS exams cross the boundary (Skills being
> measured, in MS site of each paper).

lseals

Congrats on the pas

lseal