Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: OE 64-bit or what?

Re: OE 64-bit or what?

Charlie Russel - MVP

There's a 32-bit loader in the (x86) directory, but it's only job is,
apparently, to load the 64-bit version. As to why they _appear_ to have
provided a 32-bit version, but then didn't? Sorry, you'll have to get that
answer from someone inside MS, and I doubt anyone who actually knows is
monitoring this NG. But we had a discussion about this very thing last week
and were reliably informed that there isn't really a 32-bit version.

--
Charlie.

Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
> Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
>
>> OE is in 64bit, that the reason why the corrector coming with
>> Office 2k3 (in 32bit) doesn't work.

> If it's pure 64-bit then why can I find it in the Program
> Files(x86) folder too?

David R. Norton MVP

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> There's a 32-bit loader in the (x86) directory, but it's only job
> is, apparently, to load the 64-bit version. As to why they
> _appear_ to have provided a 32-bit version, but then didn't?

It seems they did provide a 32 bit version, see previous discussion.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Joe Swart [MSFT]

Charlie is correct there is no 32bit version of OE in the product.
As for a reason, all I can say is it was removed for a valid reasons and it
was the correct course of action.

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's a 32-bit loader in the (x86) directory, but it's only job is,
> apparently, to load the 64-bit version. As to why they _appear_ to have
> provided a 32-bit version, but then didn't? Sorry, you'll have to get that
> answer from someone inside MS, and I doubt anyone who actually knows is
> monitoring this NG. But we had a discussion about this very thing last

week
> and were reliably informed that there isn't really a 32-bit version.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
> > Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
> >
> >> OE is in 64bit, that the reason why the corrector coming with
> >> Office 2k3 (in 32bit) doesn't work.

> > If it's pure 64-bit then why can I find it in the Program
> > Files(x86) folder too?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks for the confirmation, Joe.

--