Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: OE 64-bit or what?

Re: OE 64-bit or what?

Thomas G. Madsen

David R. Norton MVP wrote:

> That's been discussed to death here previously.

Sorry. I did search the forum but couldn't find anything about
the two Outlook Express folders.

> You can save a bunch of time by reading the newsgroup before
> asking questions.

I know but thanks for pointing it out.

> But you can prove it by booting into XP, then open Windows
> Explorer and clicking on the (x86) msimn.exe, OE will open and
> run. If you click on the other msimn.exe you'll get an error
> message saying it's not a valid Windows 32bit program.

You mean by booting into WinXP 32-bit version, right?

--
Regards
Madsen

David R. Norton MVP

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> David R. Norton MVP wrote:

>> But you can prove it by booting into XP, then open Windows
>> Explorer and clicking on the (x86) msimn.exe, OE will open and
>> run. If you click on the other msimn.exe you'll get an error message
>> saying it's not a valid Windows 32bit program.

> You mean by booting into WinXP 32-bit version, right?

Right, I should have been clearer. I'm getting into the habit of using
XP for 32 bit and X64 for 64 bit.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>