Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

06-28-2007
It was actually hanging on acpitabl.dat.
I had the same problem. What I have done so far is back up critical data. restore the MBR and boot from a backup. When I restarted I booted up into safe mode. It looked like it was going to hang again, but then it worked. In safe mode I went to do a chkdsk /r on C: and D:. Right now it is hanging on D: and it said it will chk drive C on next boot up.
Drive D is fat32 and the first partition. After booting into saftmode I tried to copy files from Drive D. It was too slow so I stoped it. I then deleted the partition and reformated it.
I then restarted in normal mode. It started to do a check disk and while I was typing this it rebooted agin. I di not get to see any messages. I waited for the harddrive to stop and rebooted into command mode. typed chkdsk c: /r again and watched. Weell it is going through all five steps. I think I will be good to go here.

07-05-2007
Ditto for me, except totally different hardware. I'm using a Dell Precision 490 with Xeon processors. It was a good idea trying to disable the hardware bit by bit, but it hasn't done a thing for me. I've got the xp64 drivers from the Dell site, but who knows how good those are. Does anyone have any suggestions? What all does the ACPITABL.DAT file handle? It seems to me that it's mainly SATA info, but it could potentially be a lot of other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?U2xhZGUgSi4=?=
I had this problem as well. I started disabling hardware one-by-one while in
safe mode until I could start up normally. Once I disabled the display
adapter I was able to boot up normally.[/color]

07-05-2007
Ha!!!! I fixed my own problem. There was an Intel Ultra ATA Storage Controller and an SATA controller. I thought you needed both, but it turns out you don't need the Ultra ATA controller. Take that, Dell

10-17-2007
Hi, I have the same problem, and was wondering if i may get a hand in someone letting me know how the driver is installed since it does not get into the boot and freezes at acpitabl.dat.

Thanks in advance

11-26-2007
I have two hard disks on my desktop computer and both hard disks have different OS.
1. Hard disk 1 (Hitachi model 400 GB) - Windows Vista (working fine)
2. Hard disk 2 (Seagate model 320 GB) - Windows 2003 server.
Hard disk 1 OS is working fine with no issues.
Hard disk 2 OS has issues while boot up. When it starts normal mode and it appears win 2003 server banner page and after some time it re-boots automatically and again it will appears same banner page until switch off the power. If I start with command prompt and hangs on ACPITABL.DAT file and repeats same problem.
I am not able to get into windows 2003 server login screen.
Please help me if any one has suggestions.

Thanks
Ram