Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=

I'm having problems installing the new XP 64 bit edition OS. I have an AMD
Athlon 64 3000+ with an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. I downloaded to a
floppy the proper SATA 64 bit drivers for my VIA controller from Asus' Web
site. When the initial blue setup page appears I hit "F6" and choose the
forementioned drivers. The install appears to be successful, although I do
get prompted once during the install that a driver hasn't been certifited and
it asks if I want to continue installing. Of course, I choose yes, but I've
never seen this during an OS install before. When the install is complete
the PC reboots and then blue screens. When running in safe mode I see that
it never gets passed acpitabl.dat. I haven't confirmed that my BIOS is up to
date so that could be the problem. Has anyone else expierenced this?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Sounds like a bad driver. Try going to the VIA website(www.viaarena.com) and
downloading a newer one. I have a hunch that the one on ASUS's web site may
be out of date -- I know they haven't managed to keep up with the drivers for
my A8V Mobo. Failing that, check www.planetamd64.com for a driver.

Something definitely changed between RC1 and release that has affected the
SATA drivers and we've seen some similar issues from other users where the
drivers hadn't been updated to handle the change.

--
Charlie.

Joey T wrote:
> I'm having problems installing the new XP 64 bit edition OS. I have
> an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. I
> downloaded to a floppy the proper SATA 64 bit drivers for my VIA
> controller from Asus' Web site. When the initial blue setup page
> appears I hit "F6" and choose the forementioned drivers. The install
> appears to be successful, although I do get prompted once during the
> install that a driver hasn't been certifited and it asks if I want to
> continue installing. Of course, I choose yes, but I've never seen
> this during an OS install before. When the install is complete the
> PC reboots and then blue screens. When running in safe mode I see
> that it never gets passed acpitabl.dat. I haven't confirmed that my
> BIOS is up to date so that could be the problem. Has anyone else
> expierenced this?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=

Thanks Charlie. I will try the driver from Via's site and see what happens.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Sounds like a bad driver. Try going to the VIA website(www.viaarena.com) and
> downloading a newer one. I have a hunch that the one on ASUS's web site may
> be out of date -- I know they haven't managed to keep up with the drivers for
> my A8V Mobo. Failing that, check www.planetamd64.com for a driver.
>
> Something definitely changed between RC1 and release that has affected the
> SATA drivers and we've seen some similar issues from other users where the
> drivers hadn't been updated to handle the change.
>

> --
> Charlie.
>
> Joey T wrote:
> > I'm having problems installing the new XP 64 bit edition OS. I have
> > an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. I
> > downloaded to a floppy the proper SATA 64 bit drivers for my VIA
> > controller from Asus' Web site. When the initial blue setup page
> > appears I hit "F6" and choose the forementioned drivers. The install
> > appears to be successful, although I do get prompted once during the
> > install that a driver hasn't been certifited and it asks if I want to
> > continue installing. Of course, I choose yes, but I've never seen
> > this during an OS install before. When the install is complete the
> > PC reboots and then blue screens. When running in safe mode I see
> > that it never gets passed acpitabl.dat. I haven't confirmed that my
> > BIOS is up to date so that could be the problem. Has anyone else
> > expierenced this?

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?=

Hi Joey,

Charlie Russel is right on, this is definately a driver issue. Alot of
people had your exact symptoms due to the usage of older RC1-based drivers.
Good luck!

--
Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Joey T" wrote:

> I'm having problems installing the new XP 64 bit edition OS. I have an AMD
> Athlon 64 3000+ with an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. I downloaded to a
> floppy the proper SATA 64 bit drivers for my VIA controller from Asus' Web
> site. When the initial blue setup page appears I hit "F6" and choose the
> forementioned drivers. The install appears to be successful, although I do
> get prompted once during the install that a driver hasn't been certifited and
> it asks if I want to continue installing. Of course, I choose yes, but I've
> never seen this during an OS install before. When the install is complete
> the PC reboots and then blue screens. When running in safe mode I see that
> it never gets passed acpitabl.dat. I haven't confirmed that my BIOS is up to
> date so that could be the problem. Has anyone else expierenced this?

Joe Swart [MSFT]

I agree this is driver problem, please verify you are using an x64 driver
for your mass storage device.

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

"Joey T" <Joey http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Charlie. I will try the driver from Via's site and see what

happens.

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a bad driver. Try going to the VIA website(www.viaarena.com)

and
> > downloading a newer one. I have a hunch that the one on ASUS's web site

may
> > be out of date -- I know they haven't managed to keep up with the

drivers for
> > my A8V Mobo. Failing that, check www.planetamd64.com for a driver.
> >
> > Something definitely changed between RC1 and release that has affected

the
> > SATA drivers and we've seen some similar issues from other users where

the
> > drivers hadn't been updated to handle the change.
> >

> > --
> > Charlie.
> >
> > Joey T wrote:
> > > I'm having problems installing the new XP 64 bit edition OS. I have
> > > an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. I
> > > downloaded to a floppy the proper SATA 64 bit drivers for my VIA
> > > controller from Asus' Web site. When the initial blue setup page
> > > appears I hit "F6" and choose the forementioned drivers. The install
> > > appears to be successful, although I do get prompted once during the
> > > install that a driver hasn't been certifited and it asks if I want to
> > > continue installing. Of course, I choose yes, but I've never seen
> > > this during an OS install before. When the install is complete the
> > > PC reboots and then blue screens. When running in safe mode I see
> > > that it never gets passed acpitabl.dat. I haven't confirmed that my
> > > BIOS is up to date so that could be the problem. Has anyone else
> > > expierenced this?

Jon Grieve

I'm having the exact same problem, but with a Promise SATA driver.
Where's the best place to find these drivers? The Promise site is
rather difficult to navigate, so I wondered if there's a site that is
listing drivers??

Can we expect Windows Update (32 or 64-bit?) to offer driver updates, as
I expect momentum to gether now with releases by the numerous hardware
vandors.

Jon

Joe Swart [MSFT] wrote:

> I agree this is driver problem, please verify you are using an x64 driver
> for your mass storage device.

Charlie Russel - MVP

try PlanetAMD64.com. They seem to have the best selection of drivers, and I
think I remember seeing Promise drivers there.

--
Charlie.

Jon Grieve wrote:
> I'm having the exact same problem, but with a Promise SATA driver.
> Where's the best place to find these drivers? The Promise site is
> rather difficult to navigate, so I wondered if there's a site that is
> listing drivers??
>
> Can we expect Windows Update (32 or 64-bit?) to offer driver updates,
> as I expect momentum to gether now with releases by the numerous
> hardware vandors.
>
> Jon
>

> Joe Swart [MSFT] wrote:
>
>> I agree this is driver problem, please verify you are using an x64
>> driver for your mass storage device.

=?Utf-8?B?U2xhZGUgSi4=?=

I had this problem as well. I started disabling hardware one-by-one while in
safe mode until I could start up normally. Once I disabled the display
adapter I was able to boot up normally. The display adapter is an NVidia
GeForce6600GT. At that point I installed the drivers from NVidia's website
and didn't have any other problems booting up.

I don't know if this was the actual problem, though. On a previous install
I had the same problem. I installed NVidia's drivers for the graphics card
while in Safe Mode but then was unable to even boot into Safe Mode.

"Joey T" wrote:

> I'm having problems installing the new XP 64 bit edition OS. I have an AMD
> Athlon 64 3000+ with an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. I downloaded to a
> floppy the proper SATA 64 bit drivers for my VIA controller from Asus' Web
> site. When the initial blue setup page appears I hit "F6" and choose the
> forementioned drivers. The install appears to be successful, although I do
> get prompted once during the install that a driver hasn't been certifited and
> it asks if I want to continue installing. Of course, I choose yes, but I've
> never seen this during an OS install before. When the install is complete
> the PC reboots and then blue screens. When running in safe mode I see that
> it never gets passed acpitabl.dat. I haven't confirmed that my BIOS is up to
> date so that could be the problem. Has anyone else expierenced this?

SkiDaddy

I'm pleased to report that after more hours than I will admit to,
resolved the issue!

Go to

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...0&SubCatID=143

or, go to www.viaarena.com and look for the latest drivers ...

drivers >>> downloads >>> IDE, RAID & SATA >>> VT8237 Integrated Seria
ATA RAID controller

ASUS does NOT have the latest RC-2 drivers on their website and I'm no
impressed, but just happy I'm not throwing the motherboard out... as
matter of fact, I'm buying a few more, they're cheap, and I think th
reason why is nobody else has figured out where to get the driver.

Meanwhile, I'm going back to enjoying my new installation of 64-bi
windows

--
SkiDadd
SkiDaddy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1624

www.techarena.i

Tony Sperling

"SkiDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>nobody else has figured out where to get the driver.

Ha, ha! That's a larf!

Tony. . .

What slows Win2k bootup, how can bootup be made faster? Rolf Computer Support 5 05-29-2007 08:11 AM
Slow Bootup Scott Wireless Networking 5 08-18-2005 07:26 PM
Slow bootup =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEI=?= Wireless Networking 0 01-29-2005 08:17 AM
Problems with bootup on 2514 phillip Cisco 1 10-30-2004 09:14 PM
cisco1711 bootup problem.... Captain Cisco 0 08-07-2004 02:50 AM

Advertisments