Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: They're onto us!

OT: They're onto us!

Ken Briscoe

Posting over in alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox, I made the following post:

news:c1gg95$1i5ml5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Got my Baseball Prospectus daily email, and the stat of the day was rather
> interesting:
>
> STAT OF THE DAY
>
> Top 5 2003 Minor League Hitters, by Major League EQA (minimum 400 plate
> appearances)
>
> Player, Organization, MjEQA
>
> Fernando Seguignol, NYY, .295
> Chase Utley, PHI, .275
> Kevin Youkilis, BOS, .275
> Graham Koonce, OAK, 0.274
> Bobby Crosby, OAK, 0.273
>

> I can safely say that I've never heard of this Koonce guy, but I suppose

he
> can't be that bad if he's in the company of these other highly touted

minor
> leaguers.
>
> Youk is right up there, although I'm curious as to what his Equivalent OBP
> (is there such a thing?) would be. I'd be surprised if he wasn't Top 5, as
> he's a "Moneyball" guy. I suppose we'll have a chance to see at least one

of
> these guys this year in Bobby Crosby, who will almost assuredly be the
> starting SS for the A's this season, and I might be wrong, but Seguignol

is
> currently on the Yank's roster, so he might spend time with TEE this

season
> too. If he pans out to be a .295 hitter, I don't see how the Yanks can
> afford to keep him on the bench. But then again, they have a competent
> backup (defensively, anyways) in Tony Clark, should Giambi go down this
> season.
>
> Also, a point of interest: Youk is the only player on this list who spent
> the majority of the season below AAA.
> Don't know what to make of these stats, if anything, but it's always nice

> see Youk near the top of any list. Right?
>
> --
>
> KB

Baseball crap for us Sox fans.

One of the replies to the post, by a clever feller named Jim:

> KB,
>
> The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
> 1)Consultant
> 2)JaR
> 3)Frisbee
> 4)Chalk
> 5)jtyc

*sssshhhhhhhhhhh....i think he's spying on us.....*

Thought it was rather funny, as I only use the "MCNGP" .sig in the Microsoft
newsgroups. It's OT and pretty unimportant, but I found it funny. Alright,
not funny funny, but amusing funny. But not too amusing. Just a chuckle.

*stop staring at me*
*dammit, why are you still looking at me?*
<crickets.wav>

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

---
Virus? In the computer? Are you serious?

Limey

No-one cares, pal.

(http://www.grisoft.com).

2/12/2004

>.

Jtyc

> > KB,
> >
> > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
> > 1)Consultant
> > 2)JaR
> > 3)Frisbee
> > 4)Chalk
> > 5)jtyc

Hey! ... why am I only number 5?

Consultant

i care, friend

"Limey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:133e01c3fba8$6614e9f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No-one cares, pal.

Ken Briscoe

> > > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
> > > 1)Consultant
> > > 2)JaR
> > > 3)Frisbee
> > > 4)Chalk
> > > 5)jtyc

> Hey! ... why am I only number 5?

I dunno, but apparently, you guys are my farm team. Suckas.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Politician Spock

news:ecpMxJ7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > KB,
> > >
> > > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
> > > 1)Consultant
> > > 2)JaR
> > > 3)Frisbee
> > > 4)Chalk
> > > 5)jtyc

> Hey! ... why am I only number 5?

I need to try harder. I got beat by someone who disappeared.

[hangs head in shame]

--
Politician Spock
Thug #24601

Brat

I'm not even on the list

--
Sue MCNGP #69

"Politician Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uCVd0M7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@f'nspammersdie.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:ecpMxJ7%(E-Mail Removed)...

read:

> > Hey! ... why am I only number 5?
> >

> I need to try harder. I got beat by someone who disappeared.
>
> [hangs head in shame]
>
> --
> Politician Spock
> Thug #24601

JaR

Limey opined, On 2/25/04 6:05 AM:
> No-one cares, pal.

You are evidently mistaken.

Pal.

JaR
Caring Thug

JaR

Ken Briscoe opined, On 2/24/04 7:37 PM:

> Posting over in alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox, I made the following post:
>
> "Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c1gg95$1i5ml5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>
>>Got my Baseball Prospectus daily email, and the stat of the day was rather
>>interesting:
>>
>>STAT OF THE DAY

OMG! Were as famous as what's his name!

JaR
Famous Thug

Jtyc

> I'm not even on the list

Just remember these simple rules and you will get ahead:

1. Lord loves a working man.
2. Don't trust whitey.
3. Get a shot to clear it up.