Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Novice needs help

Novice needs help

ANovice

Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.

I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
then tried to Restore to that date.
Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
bar jumps to end of bar space.

Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
I had set a couple of days ago.

Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
Have run:
Norton
MS Defender
Ad Aware
Spybot
Defreg

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) "ANovice"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the
> date that I had set a couple of days ago.

I've seen suggestions to do the restore in safe mode; never tried it
myself, but it couldn't hurt, could it?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

WhzzKdd

"ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
>
> I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
> then tried to Restore to that date.
> Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then
> the bar jumps to end of bar space.
>
> Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date
> that I had set a couple of days ago.
>
> Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
> Have run:
> Norton
> MS Defender
> Ad Aware
> Spybot
> Defreg

Totally disable System Restore, then reboot, and turn it back on. Now test
it.

John Holmes

Bert Hyman "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> never tried it myself,

Then shut the **** up if you don't know what you're talking about, you
worthless bowelful of septic compost.

--
Your mother was a surly artist who copulated with anyone and anything in
septic tanks.

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed). nl John Holmes
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Then

Hey! That's funny!

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

jim

"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> Bert Hyman "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> never tried it myself,

> Then shut the **** up if you don't know what you're talking about, you
> worthless bowelful of septic compost.
>
> --
> Your mother was a surly artist who copulated with anyone and anything in
> septic tanks.

Bert Hyman said, " but it couldn't hurt, could it?"

better suggestion than you gave.

ANovice

My thanks to all who tried to help
news:mIzNh.52$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
>>
>> I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
>> then tried to Restore to that date.
>> Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then
>> the bar jumps to end of bar space.
>>
>> Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date
>> that I had set a couple of days ago.
>>
>> Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
>> Have run:
>> Norton
>> MS Defender
>> Ad Aware
>> Spybot
>> Defreg

> Totally disable System Restore, then reboot, and turn it back on. Now test
> it.

Ron Martell

"ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
>
>I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
>then tried to Restore to that date.
>Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
>bar jumps to end of bar space.
>
>Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
>I had set a couple of days ago.
>
>Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
>Have run:
>Norton
>MS Defender
>Ad Aware
>Spybot
>Defreg

See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 200
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

Frosty

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:58:01 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
"ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write something
intelligible, but instead wrote :

>Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
>
>I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
>then tried to Restore to that date.
>Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
>bar jumps to end of bar space.
>
>Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
>I had set a couple of days ago.
>
>Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
>Have run:
>Norton
>MS Defender
>Ad Aware
>Spybot
>Defreg

Have you checked its peen?

Supersano

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:26:44 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

> "ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Have Dell 2400...about 3 years old that will not Restore to anydate.
>>
>>I set the Restore option and gave it a name. Waited a couple of days and
>>then tried to Restore to that date.
>>Program went thru it paces...Restore bar starts to move slowly and then the
>>bar jumps to end of bar space.
>>
>>Next, page opens with message that program can not restoree to the date that
>>I had set a couple of days ago.
>>
>>Computer has slowed down in past weeks.
>>Have run:
>>Norton
>>MS Defender
>>Ad Aware
>>Spybot
>>Defreg
>>

> See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

Thanks Ron. I'm always looking for stuff to archive. ;>