Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > keyboard

keyboard

meerkat

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2%uNh.32116$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
> using "Yahoo"
> However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
> letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
> what is happening?
> Jim

Quickest test is to try another K/board.

meerkat

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7FvNh.13483$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:C%uNh.17237$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:2%uNh.32116$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
>>> using "Yahoo"
>>> However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
>>> letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
>>> what is happening?
>>> Jim

>> Quickest test is to try another K/board.
>>

> Already tried that, no go, also spoke with AOL, no go, spoke with DELL
> more than once, no go
> Thanks anyway
> Any other ideas ? anyone please
> Jim

Could it be a corrupt font ?.
Funny tho` that it should be `sometimes`.

jim

stansfieldpeter@hotmail.co.uk

On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:2%uNh.32116$(E-Mail Removed).. .> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
> > using "Yahoo"
> > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
> > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
> > what is happening?
> > Jim

> Quickest test is to try another K/board.

could it be america online thay spell diferent to us mabe she set
something so that is thinks she is using an american keyboard its
possible but dont ask me how to fix it only thing i can suggest is
uninstal aol then re instal it

Aardvark

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 07:43:09 -0700, stansfieldpeter wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:2%uNh.32116$(E-Mail Removed).. .> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
>> > using "Yahoo"
>> > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
>> > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
>> > what is happening?
>> > Jim

>> Quickest test is to try another K/board.

> could it be america online thay spell diferent to us mabe she set
> something so that is thinks she is using an american keyboard its
> possible but dont ask me how to fix it only thing i can suggest is
> uninstal aol then re instal it

Better check out your keyboard. Looks like all the caps and punctuation
are missing. Don't think your spellchecker quite hacks it either.

HTH and HAND

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

jim

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C%uNh.17237$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2%uNh.32116$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
>> using "Yahoo"
>> However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
>> letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
>> what is happening?
>> Jim

> Quickest test is to try another K/board.

Already tried that, no go, also spoke with AOL, no go, spoke with DELL more
than once, no go
Thanks anyway
Any other ideas ? anyone please
Jim

jim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:2%uNh.32116$(E-Mail Removed).. .> My friend has a
>> problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
>> > using "Yahoo"
>> > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
>> > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a
>> > clue
>> > what is happening?
>> > Jim

>> Quickest test is to try another K/board.

> could it be america online thay spell diferent to us mabe she set
> something so that is thinks she is using an american keyboard its
> possible but dont ask me how to fix it only thing i can suggest is
> uninstal aol then re instal it

Trying a reinstall now Thanks
Jim