Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Searching for lost bookmark folder?

Searching for lost bookmark folder?

Dan

I've not had this happen before.
In bookmarks, one of my folders has vanished but if I do a search in the
bookmarks search option the individual bookmark will come up but I cannot
figure out where that folder resides. It seems the folder has fallen into
another folder. Is there a way of finding it without going through every
folder.

Thanks
D.

Doug G

Dan wrote:
> I've not had this happen before.
> In bookmarks, one of my folders has vanished but if I do a search in the
> bookmarks search option the individual bookmark will come up but I cannot
> figure out where that folder resides. It seems the folder has fallen into
> another folder. Is there a way of finding it without going through every
> folder.
>
> Thanks
> D.

If you are using Firefox, try using the "Locate in Bookmark Folders"
extension.

Andy Luddy

Dan wrote:
> I've not had this happen before.
> In bookmarks, one of my folders has vanished but if I do a search in the
> bookmarks search option the individual bookmark will come up but I cannot
> figure out where that folder resides. It seems the folder has fallen into
> another folder. Is there a way of finding it without going through every
> folder.
>
> Thanks
> D.

Another way is to open your bookmarks file as a web page. Use File /
Open File and navigate to something like C:\Documents and Settings\[user
name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[random string].default
* and open bookmarks.html. Then search within the "page" for your
missing folder. I keep a bookmark to my bookmarks file for occasions
such as this.

* path assumes Windows, which of course may not be the case.

--
Andy Luddy
Perform appendectomy to reply

Google search result to be URL-limited when searching site, but notwhen searching Web stumblng.tumblr Javascript 1 02-04-2008 09:01 AM
Bookmark File lost and trying to resurrect in OSX.2.8 murman Firefox 0 02-20-2005 07:43 PM
Message searching in Thunderbird and bookmark sorting in firefox John Coxon Firefox 2 07-13-2004 07:34 PM
Slow bookmark search Stager Firefox 1 09-23-2003 08:05 PM
Re: lost bookmark for css site Dylan Parry HTML 1 07-01-2003 02:01 PM

Advertisments