Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems with DVD (original or burned) playback: shacken video and sound

Problems with DVD (original or burned) playback: shacken video and sound

Harold

I have problems with my HP Pavillion smartline with Lite-on dvd.
It is impossible to play a dvd. I have looked on the web for a
solution, but all I can find are solutions concerning different
burning rate etc. But I have even problems with bought original dvd's.
I shows problems with video and sound playback.
I have tried to increase the buffer whilst playback, but even then no
acceptable result.
I have even tried with the anti-virus shut-off, but no result
Is there anyone who could give me the proper solution?

Thanks

def456

"Harold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> I have problems with my HP Pavillion smartline with Lite-on dvd.
> It is impossible to play a dvd. I have looked on the web for a
> solution, but all I can find are solutions concerning different
> burning rate etc. But I have even problems with bought original dvd's.
> I shows problems with video and sound playback.
> I have tried to increase the buffer whilst playback, but even then no
> acceptable result.
> I have even tried with the anti-virus shut-off, but no result
> Is there anyone who could give me the proper solution?

More info is needed... What model DVD drive? What DVD playing software (name
& version)? What kind of DVDs are you trying to play (movies, or what?)?
Processor & speed, RAM, op system? Also, describe the symptoms in more
detail.

Harold

On Mar 26, 6:31 am, "def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Harold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > I have problems with my HP Pavillion smartline with Lite-on dvd.
> > It is impossible to play a dvd. I have looked on the web for a
> > solution, but all I can find are solutions concerning different
> > burning rate etc. But I have even problems with bought original dvd's.
> > I shows problems with video and sound playback.
> > I have tried to increase the buffer whilst playback, but even then no
> > acceptable result.
> > I have even tried with the anti-virus shut-off, but no result
> > Is there anyone who could give me the proper solution?

> More info is needed... What model DVD drive? What DVD playing software (name
> & version)? What kind of DVDs are you trying to play (movies, or what?)?
> Processor & speed, RAM, op system? Also, describe the symptoms in more
> detail.

Model: Lite-On
PC: smartline 7620 (all in model)
All sorts DVD's: movies for the kids (cars, ice2, brother bear); all
orginal dvd's
Symptoms: it is like watching a movie with a to small processor, but
this can not be the case, in my believe