Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Gradwell Flexor/Camrivox 151

Gradwell Flexor/Camrivox 151

Desk Rabbit

JC wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:48:36 +0100, Peter Gradwell
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> My view is that all calls come in/go out from the PSTN over SIP - you
>> can't buy a pstn switch that supports IAX.

> ...and since the PSTN as we know it is soon to be replaced by 21CN, a
> giant IP SIP network, a very sensible plan.

You may indeed have a point there.

alexd

JC wrote:

> A Cisco PIX firewall can rewrite the information within SIP to allow
> access through NAT or other firewall restrictions. By implementing
> "fixup", SIP devices can appear to be on the real IP of the PIX while
> it translates to the internal phones without any need for STUN or
> opening ports on the firewall.

Presumably a lack of anything to be fixed with IAX is why you can't do fixup
on it.

16:34:00 up 33 days, 19:47, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.06, 0.08
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Harry Stottle

"JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:31:38 +0100, Peter Gradwell
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I guess it shouldn't be too hard for us to mention that we usually
>>only
>>have a one month contract term, and prices quoted usually exclude VAT.

> Peter, don't take this the wrong way as I'm sure it's an oversight,
> but on the home page of your website you have the following banner:
>
> "Free calls over the internet are a great incentive to use VoIP at
> home to keep in touch with friends and family here and overseas."
>
> To me this reads as a service for individual or non-business users.
>
> Clicking on the link gives a page with the following disclaimer:
>
> "Note: The prices quoted here do not include VAT and may change from
> time to time. Please consult our product pages and price list for
> current pricing."
>
> I suspect this would be regarded as a breach of the Price Marking
> Order 2004.

Peter Gradwell has been informed of this months ago, but still refuses
to do anything about it.

JC

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:57:08 +0100, JC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Since I've already signed up for another Gradwell SIP inbound account
>with plans to setup an Asterisk box, moving it to another account

Ok, I know it's bad form to follow up my own posts and it's now one
month from the original thread, but I feel I should give credit where
it's due as well as critisise.

Having used Gradwell for the last month I've got nothing but praise
for them. We've ported a number which occurred exactly as scheduled
and I've been able to use their portal to set temporary diverts to a
fixed line while sorting out our network. Call quality and reliability
has so far been excellent. They also answer support tickets promptly
and appear to have real people who actually solve problems, which is
more than can be said for many internet companies these days.

So Peter, if you're still reading this, if anything your web site
undersells your VoIP service.

Rgds
Jonathan

Ivor Jones

"JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:57:08 +0100, JC
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Since I've already signed up for another Gradwell SIP
> > inbound account with plans to setup an Asterisk box,
> > moving it to another account

> Ok, I know it's bad form to follow up my own posts and
> it's now one month from the original thread, but I feel I
> should give credit where it's due as well as critisise.
>
> Having used Gradwell for the last month I've got nothing
> but praise for them. We've ported a number which occurred
> exactly as scheduled and I've been able to use their
> portal to set temporary diverts to a fixed line while
> sorting out our network. Call quality and reliability has
> so far been excellent. They also answer support tickets
> promptly and appear to have real people who actually
> solve problems, which is more than can be said for many
> internet companies these days.
>
> So Peter, if you're still reading this, if anything your
> web site undersells your VoIP service.

I agree. I signed up for the single line service as a backup when Sipgate
were going through a bad patch and the service has been so good I've now
dumped the landline.

(Broadband via another landline into the premises for those who were
wondering..!)

Ivor

Peter Gradwell

hi

> So Peter, if you're still reading this, if anything your web site
> undersells your VoIP service.

makes it seem all worthwhile

peter

Thomas Kenyon

JC wrote:

> Having used Gradwell for the last month I've got nothing but praise
> for them. We've ported a number which occurred exactly as scheduled
> and I've been able to use their portal to set temporary diverts to a
> fixed line while sorting out our network. Call quality and reliability
> has so far been excellent. They also answer support tickets promptly
> and appear to have real people who actually solve problems, which is
> more than can be said for many internet companies these days.
>
> So Peter, if you're still reading this, if anything your web site
> undersells your VoIP service.

Has he sent the boys round then?

clavox@lbtinternet.com

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:21:58 +0100, JC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Having used Gradwell for the last month I've got nothing but praise
>for them. We've ported a number which occurred exactly as scheduled
>and I've been able to use their portal to set temporary diverts to a
>fixed line while sorting out our network. Call quality and reliability
>has so far been excellent. They also answer support tickets promptly
>and appear to have real people who actually solve problems, which is
>more than can be said for many internet companies these days.

If I was prepared to pay Gradwell's extortionate prices compared with
other providers then I would expect nothing less than 100% service
24/7 from them .

Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:21:58 +0100, JC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Having used Gradwell for the last month I've got nothing but praise
>>for them. We've ported a number which occurred exactly as scheduled
>>and I've been able to use their portal to set temporary diverts to a
>>fixed line while sorting out our network. Call quality and reliability
>>has so far been excellent. They also answer support tickets promptly
>>and appear to have real people who actually solve problems, which is
>>more than can be said for many internet companies these days.

> If I was prepared to pay Gradwell's extortionate prices compared with
> other providers then I would expect nothing less than 100% service
> 24/7 from them .

It's always interesting to see the way people complain about high prices,
but if they get a cheap service and the quality is crap, they complain
about that as well. Perhaps there's a reason why the higher-price companies
stay in business? Sometimes it's cheaper to pay up front for a decent
service than suffer the costs of a cheap, crap one.
--
Dave
mail da (E-Mail Removed) (without the space)

JC

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:25:33 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>If I was prepared to pay Gradwell's extortionate prices compared with
>other providers then I would expect nothing less than 100% service
>24/7 from them .

FWIW if the service continues to be as reliable as it's been so far,
then I consider it a bargain. FWIW we're not using VoIP primarily to
save money, but to give us a bit of flexibility in how we handle
calls.

Rgds
Jonathan