Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > [OT] The Value of IT Certifications

[OT] The Value of IT Certifications

JaR

kpg wrote:
> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Might have something to do with their "marines" apologizing to Iran on
>> CNN

> ok, lol, but...I assure you that if you or I were in that same situation
> (and I speak as a former Marine) we would do the same thing.
>
> I blanme CNN (and FOX too) for airing it. I guess that's an old
> fashioned attitude these days - too much to ask for.
>
> But resitance can mounted in other ways and I'm sure their doing what
> they can.
>
> <possible urban legend>
>
> Remember the vietnam POWs that told their captures that the flying
> finger was a gesture of friendship?
>
> </possible urban legend>

USS Pueblo:
http://www.yoest.org/archives/pueblo...dle_finger.jpg
http://www.yoest.org/archives/pueblo...8_oct_1968.jpg

There's another famous photo of one of the Hanoi Hilto POWs posing for a
picture with his hands in his lap with the middle finger clearly
extended. I can't find a ref to it right now, my Google-fu is weak today.

--
JaR
Did they have to cave with such enthusiasm?

CBIC

news:Xns99067B400DDDFipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Might have something to do with their "marines" apologizing to Iran on
>> CNN

> ok, lol, but...I assure you that if you or I were in that same situation
> (and I speak as a former Marine) we would do the same thing.

If it was me I know I'd be crying like a school girl. After all, I was in
the Army. Interesting to hear that from a Marine though.

PajaP

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:29:15 -0400, "Frisbee®" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Why are there so many uptight Brits with their panties in a wad poasting in
>these here chat rooms lately?

Dunno, maybe they are trying to restore equilibrium with the f*ckwit
yanks?

Michael Gossett

"we'll" ? If you are going to start making fun of other countries ESPECIALLY
ENGLAND, use PROPER ENGLISH
"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >For the record us civilised English wouldn't necessarily categorise
>>countries such as Pakistan, India China as sh*tholes.

> we'll go and live over there then. but once you arrive, give away all
> your cash and affects so you have nothing, just so you have as much
> chance to make it as the average joe in whichever country you decide
> to take up residence in.
>
> more than half the population live in poverty, which claims the lives
> and many, many thousands each year, which an average life expectancy
> of somewhere in the mid sixties highlights this. their corrupt
> government allows the people to be exploited and reaps the profits for
> themselves. there should be few people living in poverty in either
> india or china, as these countries are pretty damn rich in comparison
> many others in the region. so, yes i'd say they are sh*tholes.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Frisbee®

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "we'll" ? If you are going to start making fun of other countries
> ESPECIALLY ENGLAND, use PROPER ENGLISH

Would it be okay to use improper English if we were to instead choose to
make fun of the French?

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]

"FrisbeeR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > "we'll" ? If you are going to start making fun of other countries
> > ESPECIALLY ENGLAND, use PROPER ENGLISH

> Would it be okay to use improper English if we were to instead choose to
> make fun of the French?

mais oui!
--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Robert Williams [CertGuard]

Speaking of the Old Devil!!!

Where has Kline been hiding out?

--
CG

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> "we'll" ? If you are going to start making fun of other countries ESPECIALLY
> ENGLAND, use PROPER ENGLISH
> "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >For the record us civilised English wouldn't necessarily categorise
>>>countries such as Pakistan, India China as sh*tholes.

>> we'll go and live over there then. but once you arrive, give away all
>> your cash and affects so you have nothing, just so you have as much
>> chance to make it as the average joe in whichever country you decide
>> to take up residence in.
>>
>> more than half the population live in poverty, which claims the lives
>> and many, many thousands each year, which an average life expectancy
>> of somewhere in the mid sixties highlights this. their corrupt
>> government allows the people to be exploited and reaps the profits for
>> themselves. there should be few people living in poverty in either
>> india or china, as these countries are pretty damn rich in comparison
>> many others in the region. so, yes i'd say they are sh*tholes.
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> "we'll" ? If you are going to start making fun of other countries
> ESPECIALLY ENGLAND, use PROPER ENGLISH

Right.

As if anyone can understand the illiterate cacophony that that spews from
the mouths of most Brits.

Gimme a break.

--
JaR
Never mind Cornwall

Frisbee®

> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> "we'll" ? If you are going to start making fun of other countries
>> ESPECIALLY ENGLAND, use PROPER ENGLISH

> Right.
>
> As if anyone can understand the illiterate cacophony that that spews from
> the mouths of most Brits.
>
> Gimme a break.

It's not really their fault. It's the poor dental work, I think.

Tom Miller

Hmmm, an intriguing subject. However, I think the some of the messages are
a bit offtopic.....

I think a certification can be a very valuable way to quickly show how much
your experience has taught you. If your simply certified without some
practical experience then it doesn't help much in getting a job. It also
might not help much in being able to "do what your certified in."

Don't get me wrong. There are some "hands on testing" certifications that
require you to be able to actual do the designing, the troubleshooting etc
as part of the testing process. Several of the Cisco networking
certifications are like that. For those kinds of certifications, employers
seem to be much more ready to hire....

--
Tom Miller, Occasional PowerUser (Mcp, Mous, A+) and sometime Web Developer
Wannabe, More at: http://bccs.chatnfiles.com/ecard3.htm, International