Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > [OT] The Value of IT Certifications

[OT] The Value of IT Certifications

Tom Miller

Hmmm, an intriguing subject. However, I think the some of the messages are
a bit offtopic.....

I think a certification can be a very valuable way to quickly show how much
your experience has taught you. If your simply certified without some
practical experience then it doesn't help much in getting a job. It also
might not help much in being able to "do what your certified in."

Don't get me wrong. There are some "hands on testing" certifications that
require you to be able to actual do the designing, the troubleshooting etc
as part of the testing process. Several of the Cisco networking
certifications are like that. For those kinds of certifications, employers
seem to be much more ready to hire....

--
Tom Miller, Occasional PowerUser (Mcp, Mous, A+) and sometime Web Developer
Wannabe, More at: http://bccs.chatnfiles.com/ecard3.htm, International