Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > [OT] The Value of IT Certifications

Reply
Thread Tools

[OT] The Value of IT Certifications

 
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2007
>Most countries have rampant corruption problems. They're much more
>pervasive in the third world because it's so darned lucrative.


i agree, which is why it amazes me why the west (by that i mean
'civilized' countries) deal with such regime's. Poverty and injustice
in the third world will never be solve until the corruption problems
are brought under control. That's why i find stupid to give out hand
outs to such countries (regimes) when such handouts go mainly to the
corrupt people in power and not to people such hand out were intended
to be for.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2007


"Lasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns98FF28A4A24E0Lasher36526@207.46.248.16...
> Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>>>Read our latest article:
>>>http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-o...ifications.asp

>>
>> <quote>
>> Yes, this means that American Citizens will not even be allowed to
>> take exams while visiting those countries. It's a small price to pay,
>> but at least you now know that your Certifications are not being
>> devalued by gunmen and the cheaters that buy into their services.
>> </quote>
>>
>> does this only apply to the sh*t hole countries like pakistan, india,
>> china, etc, etc? Although I won't ever be taking another ms exam, what
>> about those of us who work and live in a different (supposedly)
>> civilized country like England?
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
>>

>
> Doesn't apply. The restrictions are currently imposed on China, India, and
> Pakistan.
>

PK hasn't even been confirmed. But IN & CN are definites.


--
CertGuard
You think you know IT?!?!
Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2007


"Chris Mullins [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cerebrus wrote:
>> Read our latest article:
>> http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-o...ifications.asp

>
> You mean I could make money taking tests for people? I think I would charge in
> Chiken Tikka Masala & Pot Stickers, and if things didn't taste good enough,
> I'm just going to guess "C" on everything. Who knew?
>
> Seriously though, obviouly this is a big enough problem that MS has changed
> their testing policies around it.
>
> I don't understand though, why some countries are any different than others.
> Surely, us Americans & Brits look just as different from each other as do any
> random Indian, Chinese or Pakastani folk. Is it just a question of a better
> system of National ID cards (which you Brits now have in a such a way to make
> Kim Jong-il jelous) and we have with our drivers licenses. I would imagine I
> could get a fake ID easily enough ($100?) and take any number of tests for
> someone.
>
> --
> Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise, Microsoft C# MVP
> http://www.coversant.com/blogs/cmullins
>

It's a matter of cost vs. risk. If you were to take exams for people here in the
US, you would have to charge upwards of $10,000 per exam in order for the cost
benefits to outweigh the risk of getting caught and being jailed. Up until now,
they could get the same ratio that I just mentioned (roughly) and still be able
to keep the costs low enough for people such as you and I to pay for their
services.


--
CertGuard
You think you know IT?!?!
Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
CertGuard wrote:
> It's a matter of cost vs. risk. If you were to take exams for people
> here in the US, you would have to charge upwards of $10,000 per exam in
> order for the cost benefits to outweigh the risk of getting caught and
> being jailed. Up until now, they could get the same ratio that I just
> mentioned (roughly) and still be able to keep the costs low enough for
> people such as you and I to pay for their services.
>
>


Jail time? Really or are you exaggerating? (No, I'm not
fishing/baiting -- I am curious what the basis for jail time would be in
this instance).

--
Jonathan Roberts
MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCP

Information on MS VHD Images: http://tinyurl.com/y5bozl
Great MS Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx
Feedback on 70-431 Exam: http://www.jonathanroberts.eu/?p=6
 
Reply With Quote
 
HuttonHenry@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
On Mar 26, 9:21 am, Kline Sphere <.@> wrote:
> >Read our latest article:http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-o...ifications.asp

>
> <quote>
> Yes, this means that American Citizens will not even be allowed to
> take exams while visiting those countries. It's a small price to pay,
> but at least you now know that your Certifications are not being
> devalued by gunmen and the cheaters that buy into their services.
> </quote>
>
> does this only apply to the sh*t hole countries like pakistan, india,
> china, etc, etc? Although I won't ever be taking another ms exam, what
> about those of us who work and live in a different (supposedly)
> civilized country like England?
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3


For the record us civilised English wouldn't necessarily categorise
countries such as Pakistan, India China as sh*tholes. Toodlie pip!
Hutton.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
>For the record us civilised English wouldn't necessarily categorise
>countries such as Pakistan, India China as sh*tholes.


we'll go and live over there then. but once you arrive, give away all
your cash and affects so you have nothing, just so you have as much
chance to make it as the average joe in whichever country you decide
to take up residence in.

more than half the population live in poverty, which claims the lives
and many, many thousands each year, which an average life expectancy
of somewhere in the mid sixties highlights this. their corrupt
government allows the people to be exploited and reaps the profits for
themselves. there should be few people living in poverty in either
india or china, as these countries are pretty damn rich in comparison
many others in the region. so, yes i'd say they are sh*tholes.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007


"Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O9I#(E-Mail Removed)...
> CertGuard wrote:
>> It's a matter of cost vs. risk. If you were to take exams for people here in
>> the US, you would have to charge upwards of $10,000 per exam in order for the
>> cost benefits to outweigh the risk of getting caught and being jailed. Up
>> until now, they could get the same ratio that I just mentioned (roughly) and
>> still be able to keep the costs low enough for people such as you and I to
>> pay for their services.
>>
>>

>
> Jail time? Really or are you exaggerating? (No, I'm not fishing/baiting -- I
> am curious what the basis for jail time would be in this instance).
>

Well, ok, maybe I was exaggerating a bit, or maybe it's just a bit of wishful
thinking. Really I just didn't have time to completely review my post before I
sent it. I suppose what I was looking for was "...getting caught and being
sued...". Thanks for pointing that out...I wouldn't want to mislead anyone here.


--
CertGuard
You think you know IT?!?!
Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/


 
Reply With Quote
 
kpg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>For the record us civilised English wouldn't necessarily categorise
>>countries such as Pakistan, India China as sh*tholes.

>
> we'll go and live over there then. but once you arrive, give away all
> your cash and affects so you have nothing, just so you have as much
> chance to make it as the average joe in whichever country you decide
> to take up residence in.
>
> more than half the population live in poverty, which claims the lives
> and many, many thousands each year, which an average life expectancy
> of somewhere in the mid sixties highlights this. their corrupt
> government allows the people to be exploited and reaps the profits for
> themselves. there should be few people living in poverty in either
> india or china, as these countries are pretty damn rich in comparison
> many others in the region. so, yes i'd say they are sh*tholes.


....and I would say that is the historic norm.

What the 1st world has accomplished is a rarity in today's world and
totally absent from the history books. When I was younger and more
naive I thought "our" way would triumph over the other possible forms
of economic and social organization. I also believed that science was
the ultimate pursuit of truth and knowledge and would set humanity
free from superstition, fear, and lies.

But alas, I see the world moving away from what perhaps only existed
except in my mind. Science is now carefully crafted propaganda
designed to effect social and political change, our children are
graduating from higher learning completely uneducated, making them
susceptible to the lies perpetrated upon them. Democracy (or at least
a representative republic) exists in the United States in name only.
The socialists are winning, and everyone is ok with it.

Bleak assessments of the future, like Orwell's 1984, seem more likely
to me each day. Wake up you people. Ah, cr@p, now I feel bad.

0x22






 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
CertGuard wrote:
>
>
> "Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O9I#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> CertGuard wrote:
>>> It's a matter of cost vs. risk. If you were to take exams for people
>>> here in the US, you would have to charge upwards of $10,000 per exam
>>> in order for the cost benefits to outweigh the risk of getting caught
>>> and being jailed. Up until now, they could get the same ratio that I
>>> just mentioned (roughly) and still be able to keep the costs low
>>> enough for people such as you and I to pay for their services.
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Jail time? Really or are you exaggerating? (No, I'm not
>> fishing/baiting -- I am curious what the basis for jail time would be
>> in this instance).
>>

> Well, ok, maybe I was exaggerating a bit, or maybe it's just a bit of
> wishful thinking. Really I just didn't have time to completely review my
> post before I sent it. I suppose what I was looking for was "...getting
> caught and being sued...". Thanks for pointing that out...I wouldn't
> want to mislead anyone here.
>
>


Well, thinking about it, because of the misrepresentation of identity, I
suppose a case may be made for a fraud charge. I, of course, ANAL.

--
JaR
Suffering fools gladly since 1978
Remove hat to reply
 
Reply With Quote
 
HuttonHenry@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
On Mar 29, 10:52 am, Kline Sphere <.@> wrote:
> >For the record us civilised English wouldn't necessarily categorise
> >countries such as Pakistan, India China as sh*tholes.

>
> we'll go and live over there then. but once you arrive, give away all
> your cash and affects so you have nothing, just so you have as much
> chance to make it as the average joe in whichever country you decide
> to take up residence in.
>
> more than half the population live in poverty, which claims the lives
> and many, many thousands each year, which an average life expectancy
> of somewhere in the mid sixties highlights this. their corrupt
> government allows the people to be exploited and reaps the profits for
> themselves. there should be few people living in poverty in either
> india or china, as these countries are pretty damn rich in comparison
> many others in the region. so, yes i'd say they are sh*tholes.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3


I've travelled to a few of the places mentioned, people can be
interesting, amazing, creative, you name it... Maybe due to their
situation do not value their existence in the world on their material
possessions. I agree, there are corrupt places and Governments just
like there is in our countries; I lived in Manhattan for some time and
was amazed how living conditions were great towards the prosperous
south of the island/borough yet in the north people were dying due to
a heat wave as they could not afford $100 air conditioning units.
Your perception of a country is down to where you fit in society, you
could have a similar "sh*t" existence in the UK or the US. My point
was quite simply be a little careful when judging other countries, its
easy to label places; life is lot more complex and interesting than
office work and money.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1stAttempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind FreeExamKing MCDST 0 06-15-2010 06:40 AM
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1stAttempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind FreeExamKing MCSD 0 06-15-2010 06:39 AM
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1stAttempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind FreeExamKing MCSA 0 06-15-2010 06:39 AM
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1stAttempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind freeexamking MCAD 0 06-15-2010 06:39 AM
current certifications/wait for new certifications Abhishek MCTS 2 12-27-2007 09:15 AM



Advertisments