Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > We read the report: Microsoft WIndows is not listed as most secure OS

We read the report: Microsoft WIndows is not listed as most secure OS

Fuzzy Logic

Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>
>> Secure by design means nothing. Good intentions don't necessarily equate
>> to a 'more secure' OS.

> So why are there are NO Linux viruses in the wild? Because the DESIGN of
> Linux makes it very very difficult to infect, that's why.

There have been more than a few for Linux:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mputer_viruses

Here is a quote from the above page:

"The security holes that are exploited by the viruses have been fixed in the most recent versions of the Linux
kernel, so no longer pose any concern AS LONG AS THE KERNEL IS UPDATED REGULARILY."

So again it's up to the user to ensure their system is kept up to date and properly configured or they can fall
prey to malicious code.