Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Process A Part of JSP page

Process A Part of JSP page

Doug

Hello,
Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that potion
of JSP DIV.
My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make tomcat
only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.

Regards,

Doug

ck

On Mar 23, 11:36 pm, "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
> data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
> would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that potion
> of JSP DIV.
> My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make tomcat
> only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.
>
> Regards,
>
> Doug

what you talking about would/can be dealt through AJAX.

--
Ck
http://www.gfour.net

grasp06110@yahoo.com

On Mar 23, 2:50 pm, "ck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 11:36 pm, "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
> > data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
> > would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that potion
> > of JSP DIV.
> > My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make tomcat
> > only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.

> > Regards,

> > Doug

> what you talking about would/can be dealt through AJAX.
>
> --
> Ckhttp://www.gfour.net

Frames, what's wrong with good old fashioned frames and what's with
the obsession with AJAX. 99.999% of what I've seen people use AJAX
for could be more easily be implemented using frames.

Just my two cents worth.

Oliver Wong

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Mar 23, 2:50 pm, "ck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Mar 23, 11:36 pm, "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> > Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
>> > data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
>> > would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that
>> > potion
>> > of JSP DIV.
>> > My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make
>> > tomcat
>> > only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.

>> > Regards,

>> > Doug

>> what you talking about would/can be dealt through AJAX.
>>

> Frames, what's wrong with good old fashioned frames and what's with
> the obsession with AJAX. 99.999% of what I've seen people use AJAX
> for could be more easily be implemented using frames.

Really? For me, maybe 1% of what I've seen people use AJAX for could
be more easily be implemented using frames (and that's being generous)...
Frames are great for what they're designed for (breaking up the viewing
window into smaller viewing area, each one capable of displaying its own
HTML document), and AJAX is great for what its designed for (updating the
DOM without a page refresh). There's very little overlap between these two
usages.

Perhaps you're thinking of those JavaScript snippets to have a
navigation pane "stay onscreen" even when the user scrolls the main
viewing area up and down? I don't consider that to be a form of AJAX,
since there's no asynchronous query being made to the host server, and
there's no XML involved.

- Oliver