Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 3rd Party Server Products

3rd Party Server Products

Rowdy Yates

Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...

Does anyone have or use any special "fancy pantsy" 3rd party MS server
reporting & inventory & management products? Anything that really makes you
salivate at the thought of using it.

I think you all know where I am going with this. It was on this day of
February 20/2004 that yet another CIO with a budget and nothing to spend it
on joined our ranks.

I already recommened SMS ver. 2.x.

Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
magoo's.

And you though I didn't love & respect y'all.

--
The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.

Larry Samuels

Hi Rowdy,

This one isn't fancy--it's essential if you aren't running SUS--and nice
even if you are:
HFNetChkPro 4 from www.shavlik.com

Check out their other utilities while you are there<G>

BTW: Congrats!!!!

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9495744D48F3Crowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...
>
> Does anyone have or use any special "fancy pantsy" 3rd party MS server
> reporting & inventory & management products? Anything that really makes
> you
> salivate at the thought of using it.
>
> I think you all know where I am going with this. It was on this day of
> February 20/2004 that yet another CIO with a budget and nothing to spend
> it
> on joined our ranks.
>
> I already recommened SMS ver. 2.x.
>
> Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
> considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
> magoo's.
>
> And you though I didn't love & respect y'all.
>

> --
> The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
> Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
> ============================
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com
> ===========================

billyw

just how much reporting?
how indepth do you want to go.

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9495744D48F3Crowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...
>
> Does anyone have or use any special "fancy pantsy" 3rd party MS server
> reporting & inventory & management products? Anything that really makes

you
> salivate at the thought of using it.
>
> I think you all know where I am going with this. It was on this day of
> February 20/2004 that yet another CIO with a budget and nothing to spend

it
> on joined our ranks.
>
> I already recommened SMS ver. 2.x.
>
> Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
> considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
> magoo's.
>
> And you though I didn't love & respect y'all.
>

> --
> The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
> Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
> ============================
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com
> ===========================

Rowdy Yates

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eQhZoT99DHA.4084
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> just how much reporting?
> how indepth do you want to go.

how much reporting? hmm.. good question.

i would say somewhere between:

"I wish the guy would tell me" to "I wish he knew what he wants".

i guess users by ou, disk space disk usage, blah.. blah..

i think the criteria is ease of use and prettiness of reports.

--
The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
==============
I am Against-TCPA
http://www.againsttcpa.com
==============

Rowdy Yates

"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eTw5rH99DHA.488
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> BTW: Congrats!!!!

i am not the CIO. wish I was....i think they think i look too sloppy for
the job. who knows, maybe I am?

--
The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
==============
I am Against-TCPA
http://www.againsttcpa.com
==============

billyw

for f*** sake thats a woman's answer...

give me a bit. i'll have to rake thru my stuff

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9495849EDFC41rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eQhZoT99DHA.4084
> @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
>
> > just how much reporting?
> > how indepth do you want to go.

> how much reporting? hmm.. good question.
>
> i would say somewhere between:
>
> "I wish the guy would tell me" to "I wish he knew what he wants".
>
> i guess users by ou, disk space disk usage, blah.. blah..
>
> i think the criteria is ease of use and prettiness of reports.
>

> --
> The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
> Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
> ==============
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com
> ==============

LnkWizard

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9495744D48F3Crowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...

<snip>

> Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
> considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
> magoo's.
>
> And you though I didn't love & respect y'all.
>

> --
> The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
> Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
> ============================
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com
> ===========================

I guess that leaves me out, doesn't it

--
Alan Gregersen

Rowdy Yates

"LnkWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:el$upe$9DHA.2404
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> "Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9495744D48F3Crowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
>> Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...
>>

> <snip>
>
>> Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
>> considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
>> magoo's.
>>
>> And you though I didn't love & respect y'all.
>>

>> --
>> The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
>> Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
>> ============================
>> I am Against-TCPA
>> http://www.againsttcpa.com
>> ===========================

> I guess that leaves me out, doesn't it

you first have to prove your worth to the community...

--
Rowdy Yates
Things I learnt in the army:

LnkWizard

> > I guess that leaves me out, doesn't it
> >

> you first have to prove your worth to the community...
>

> --
> Rowdy Yates
> Things I learnt in the army:
> Rule #1 -
> When they say, "We are going to ambush the enemy".
> It really means, "We are heavily outnumbered and no one wants to help us."
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

I'm doin' my best

--