Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Which Track

Which Track

Nick Rimmer

Hi,

I have justed started studying for the 70-270 exam.

Thinking about following the 2000 track, is this wise ? Would I be better
doing the 2003 ? I think, with work commitments, this will take me a year
todo.

Cheers
Nick

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

Nick
Here are a few things to consider

Pro-2003
- A year from now, Windows Server 2003 will have been out for almost a year and a half
- Companies looking to hire may favor candidates cert'ed on 2003, especially a year from now
- Being cert'ed on 2003 kind of implies knowledge of 2000, but not the other way around. This is just my opinion, though
- Going the 2000 track will mean having to take two extra tests when you're done to upgrade to 2003

Pro-2000
- Getting cert'ed on 2000 and upgrading to 2003 afterwards lets you say (esp. on resumes) that you're cert'ed on both
- 2000 exam books are much cheaper now (esp. used) than the new 2003 ones

Personally, if i were start over, I think I would go the 2003 route. Good luck with your decision

-Jo
MCSA 2K

Sam

I would do both, as I am currently

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Nick-
> Here are a few things to consider:
>
> Pro-2003:
> - A year from now, Windows Server 2003 will have been out for almost a

year and a half.
> - Companies looking to hire may favor candidates cert'ed on 2003,

especially a year from now.
> - Being cert'ed on 2003 kind of implies knowledge of 2000, but not the

other way around. This is just my opinion, though.
> - Going the 2000 track will mean having to take two extra tests when

you're done to upgrade to 2003.

> Pro-2000:
> - Getting cert'ed on 2000 and upgrading to 2003 afterwards lets you say

(esp. on resumes) that you're cert'ed on both.
> - 2000 exam books are much cheaper now (esp. used) than the new 2003 ones.
>
> Personally, if i were start over, I think I would go the 2003 route. Good

luck with your decision.

> -Jon
> MCSA 2K

Nick Rimmer

Thanks for your views on this subject, now thinking of doing the 2003
track.
The company I work for has agreed to pay for the self study books, any suggestions ?
And also is there any particular order in which the exams should be done ?

Cheers Again

Nick

insert track reference in mp3 track D@Z Computer Support 1 05-02-2008 03:32 PM
Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
MCAD-VB or C# track which should I take Allyson MCAD 7 02-11-2006 02:57 PM
Which track is right for me? Dave Marden Microsoft Certification 5 02-06-2004 04:49 PM
Keeping track of which user controls need to be loaded and which not John ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 09:26 AM

Advertisments