Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Thurday Fun [OT]

Reply
Thread Tools

Thurday Fun [OT]

 
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-19-2004
Defend the White House

http://www.miniclip.com/bushshootout.htm

JaR
Thug #257911
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chris Lukowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004

This game is no fun at all. I mean the FBI agents sent in
to forcibly remove Bush from office are horrible shots.
Plus they arrived too late, by the time they got there he
already pushed the "Scorched Earth" red button. Any fight
beyond that seems futile to me...

>-----Original Message-----
>Defend the White House
>
>http://www.miniclip.com/bushshootout.htm
>
>JaR
>Thug #257911
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kpg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
I love it.

You won't get that kind of leadership with a democrat in office.

"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Defend the White House
>
> http://www.miniclip.com/bushshootout.htm
>
> JaR
> Thug #257911



 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Lukowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004

Well, if you define "leadership" be being an arrogant
assh*le with a superiority complex, then count me out.
Bush's attitude has basically been "F*ck the poor, f*ck
the seniors, f*ck the economy (except the stock market),
f*ck the gays, f*ck the non-Christians, f*ck
the "international community", hell f*ck the world, and
if you don't agree with me then f*ck you too, you
unAmerican unpatriotic coward. God bless America."

Bush, to me, seems only out to look after his won
interests, Dick Cheney's interests, and the interests of
the corporations who contribute generously to the GOP. He
may have Microsoft's blessing because he'll stand by and
do nothing leaving ANY corporation to run rampant without
constraint (not to mention not taxing the CEO's churning
out millions a year for themselves), but if you think he
really cares about us IT folks busting our asses off
looking for work, or those lucky IT guys who have jobs
but fear that their company might move their jobs to
India or China and send them packing, then you've got
another thing coming.

>-----Original Message-----
>I love it.
>
>You won't get that kind of leadership with a democrat in

office.
>
>"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Defend the White House
>>
>> http://www.miniclip.com/bushshootout.htm
>>
>> JaR
>> Thug #257911

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
billyw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
i think that basically sums up the general perception of bush outside the
US.

"Chris Lukowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:13b9a01c3f7d2$aa917c80$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Well, if you define "leadership" be being an arrogant
> assh*le with a superiority complex, then count me out.
> Bush's attitude has basically been "F*ck the poor, f*ck
> the seniors, f*ck the economy (except the stock market),
> f*ck the gays, f*ck the non-Christians, f*ck
> the "international community", hell f*ck the world, and
> if you don't agree with me then f*ck you too, you
> unAmerican unpatriotic coward. God bless America."
>
> Bush, to me, seems only out to look after his won
> interests, Dick Cheney's interests, and the interests of
> the corporations who contribute generously to the GOP. He
> may have Microsoft's blessing because he'll stand by and
> do nothing leaving ANY corporation to run rampant without
> constraint (not to mention not taxing the CEO's churning
> out millions a year for themselves), but if you think he
> really cares about us IT folks busting our asses off
> looking for work, or those lucky IT guys who have jobs
> but fear that their company might move their jobs to
> India or China and send them packing, then you've got
> another thing coming.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I love it.
> >
> >You won't get that kind of leadership with a democrat in

> office.
> >
> >"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Defend the White House
> >>
> >> http://www.miniclip.com/bushshootout.htm
> >>
> >> JaR
> >> Thug #257911

> >
> >
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jtyc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
I don't think I'm ever going to understand why people hate him so much. I
don't agree with him on a lot of stuff but I don't hate the man. He's just
a putz politician just like every other politician. He's making moves that
he think will get him re-elected. I don't understand how that makes him any
different than any other useless politician.

And the economy is rolling along nicely.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Lukowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004

>i think that basically sums up the general perception of

bush outside the
>US.


I would imagine so, and that's because the media and the
people in outside countries actually pay attention to
what's going on. Inside our borders, most citizens are
completely apathetic to the goings on in politics. When
Bush got some headlines after he signed the "Clear Skies
Initiative", most people actually thought he was doing
something to help the environment. In reality, the bill
is chock full of porkfat to manufacturers and developers,
not to mention a drastic reduction in standards companies
must comply with. He even claims that pollution is on the
decline because he takes a major pollutant, carbon
dioxide, and wipes it from the statistics because he
thinks global warming is a sham, despite the hordes of
scientists telling him otherwise.

Of course, only a select few know about this, and it sure
doesn't get any media coverage here. That's the
difference between America and most other first world
countries. Citizens in this country don't know what goes
on and don't WANT to know what goes on, they couldn't be
bothered. Even after 9/11, a rush to a unilateral pre-
emptive war on false pretenses, a breakaway from the
world community, and the fiaso that happened last time we
had an election, people still don't give a sh*t. They're
MUCH more interested in the doings of the Jackson family.
Sad, really.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jtyc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
> dioxide, and wipes it from the statistics because he
> thinks global warming is a sham, despite the hordes of
> scientists telling him otherwise.


Global warming is a sham. I suggest you check with scientists that actually
are involved with the subject.

> bothered. Even after 9/11, a rush to a unilateral pre-
> emptive war on false pretenses, a breakaway from the
> world community


There was more than one country that invaded Iraq. There was more than one
country that thought Iraq had NBC weapons.

So what do you use as a definition of unilateral?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Lukowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004

Well, here's my take on things if it helps. I think a lot
of it has to do with the fact he's so smugly two faced
about it. It's one thing if you have a politician who is
an ass and makes no fronts about it, but it's another
when you have one like Bush who works so hard at
deceiving people into thinking he's a saint and that he's
looking out for "family values". Somebody who refuses to
recognize that 3,000,000 jobs have been lost under his
watch and more are being outsourced outside the country,
yet says the economy is fine because the stock market is
doing ok. Not to mention that a big majority of the jobs
coming back into the market are people who settled for
jobs paying considerably less than they were making
before they were laid off. Somebody who pushes "Clean
Skies Initiatives" and "Prescription drug benefits"
and "Energy bills" that are little more than the gutting
of environmental standards,and the screwing of seniors
and citizens in general while stuffing pork fat into
drug, insurance, and oil companies. In short, it's not
that he's incompetent, he's a smirk faced liar. He KNOWS
exactly what he's doing, and he won't let anything or
anybody get in his way.

There's also the frustration that people who are not
paying attention are buying it hook, line, and sinker.
The fact that Bush can get away with these things while
many of his supporters have NO idea what he's really
doing. All that can drive somebody to hate a president,
no doubt about it.

>-----Original Message-----
>I don't think I'm ever going to understand why people

hate him so much. I
>don't agree with him on a lot of stuff but I don't hate

the man. He's just
>a putz politician just like every other politician.

He's making moves that
>he think will get him re-elected. I don't understand

how that makes him any
>different than any other useless politician.
>
>And the economy is rolling along nicely.
>
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
kat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
I agree with you. I mean, Clinton was having an affair (among other
things) with an intern, lied to everyone, and did so many numerous
mistakes (which yes, he was made fun of for) but no one Hated him like Bush.

And while I don't particularly agree with everything he says, I DO think
he's doing a "pretty" good job. Not that I'm all political, and looking
at every decision he's made I'm sure I'd be suprised. But still.
You're right, he's no better or no worse than any other politician.

Jtyc wrote:

> I don't think I'm ever going to understand why people hate him so much. I
> don't agree with him on a lot of stuff but I don't hate the man. He's just
> a putz politician just like every other politician. He's making moves that
> he think will get him re-elected. I don't understand how that makes him any
> different than any other useless politician.
>
> And the economy is rolling along nicely.
>
>
>


--
Kat MCNGP Wanna be

/* Saying your OS is the best in the world 'cause more people use it is
like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world. */

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT Thursday, uh, fun, yeah, fun! Consultant MCSE 17 02-10-2007 03:39 AM
3 PIX VPN questions - FUN FUN FUN frishack@gmail.com Cisco 3 03-16-2006 02:25 PM
OT: Wednesday follow-up-to-Tuesday-Fun Fun Ken Briscoe MCSE 0 07-14-2004 01:41 PM
Programming is not as much fun/more fun than it used to be. Andy Fish Java 65 05-18-2004 08:24 PM
Fun fun fun Luke Computer Support 3 10-07-2003 03:45 PM



Advertisments