Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Different names for file folder and the solution/project

Different names for file folder and the solution/project

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=

I made a typo on a Project name (e.g. Wong, instead of Wang). Later on I
renamed the Soution, Project, WebForm., etc, except the file folder name,
back to Wang. Then after I closed the VS.net and went back to the Windows
Explorer, I found out the file folder name was Wong, so I changed it to
Wang. Next time, when I tried to open the Wang project, an error message
showed that VS can not open the Wong Web page (something like that).

Finally I had to change the file folder name back to Wong in order to run
the Wang Project. How can I change the file folder name to Wang and still
can run my Wang project?

TIA,
Jeffrey

Grant Merwitz

open your .sln folders in notepad and take a look at where they're pointing.

Otherwise

1) Rename the folder to WANG
2) Create a blank solution
3) add each project one at a time by using the Add Existing Project function
(right click on solution in solution explorer)
4) Save a new .sln file

HTH

"Jeffrey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I made a typo on a Project name (e.g. Wong, instead of Wang). Later on I
> renamed the Soution, Project, WebForm., etc, except the file folder name,
> back to Wang. Then after I closed the VS.net and went back to the Windows
> Explorer, I found out the file folder name was Wong, so I changed it to
> Wang. Next time, when I tried to open the Wang project, an error message
> showed that VS can not open the Wong Web page (something like that).
>
> Finally I had to change the file folder name back to Wong in order to run
> the Wang Project. How can I change the file folder name to Wang and
> still
> can run my Wang project?
>

> TIA,
> Jeffrey

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=

Hi Grant,

Thanks. I tried, but still can not add the project to the empty solution.
The similar error message that VS.net can not open the program popped up.

Let's me describe a similar problem and hope you can help me. I may copy an
sample solution folder to my C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VBNET\SampleApp. Then when I
try to open an existing project from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VBNET\SampleApp, an
error msg , the file path "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VBNET\SampleApp" and the URL
http://localhost/SampleApp map differently" popped up.

Question:
How can I change the URL of the SampleApp solution to
http://localhost/VBNET/SampleApp ? Or, I guess if I save the Sample solution
to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SampleApp, I should be able to open the SampleApp
solution. Am I right?

TIA,
Jeffrey