Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > snapshooting DVD images and grabbing clips of DVD video

snapshooting DVD images and grabbing clips of DVD video

Laphan

Hi All

Does anybody know of a good, and simple, app that will enable the user to
easily grab and extract 'chunks' of video from a DVD and also stills from a
DVD?

With regard to the latter, I've tried ALshow to do this but I've got to be
very quick with the old keys. It would be great if the prog allowed me to
step through the videos frame-by-frame so that I had more control over my
snapshooting.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stuart

"Laphan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Does anybody know of a good, and simple, app that will enable the user to
> easily grab and extract 'chunks' of video from a DVD and also stills from
> DVD?
>
> With regard to the latter, I've tried ALshow to do this but I've got to be
> very quick with the old keys. It would be great if the prog allowed me to
> step through the videos frame-by-frame so that I had more control over my
> snapshooting.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

rip the disc to your hard disk then load the vob files into Womble - you can
step frame by frame and grab a still frame in either jpg or bmp. Edit a
section of the video and output in a range of video formats.