Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Need expert advise on concept ??

Need expert advise on concept ??

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Dear all,
Dear all,

I need to setup an application which is based on a 3 tiers layer located on
the same machine as a first step but may be not in the future. I need to
defined a loosly couple environement betwenn those layer and in addition to
that I need to get asynchron communication between different .NET library of
my own or am OEM application.

The idea I get is to create a central component whcih will be in charge to
create needed MSMQ and dispatch incoming message to proper library when
needed.
When the library receive that message then it does propre action like calling
metod in data layer for storage.

What is quite fuzzy actually for me is in which form this Comon message
component can be created. As a window service ? as COM+ serviced component ?

Should I go fo MSMQ or .Net remoting Asyncrhounous delegate
What is the best approach, I ma really confuse ?

An important point as well is that in case a message can not be process or
process with an error I should be able to inform the application which has
place the message on the queue

Thnaks for all
regards
serge
MCAD.NET

Yoel Arnon

Hello Steve,
In general, .NET remoting is a synonym of "tightly coupled". Since you
mentioned that you are up to a loosely coupled solution, I would not go this
way.
As for COM+ (or enterprise services), it is good if you like the COM object
model and if you have a strong need for transactions. It also supports
asynchronous calls through MSMQ-based queued components, although error
handling here may be a bit tricky.

I would go for plain MSMQ (I may be biased, of course, because I was part of
the team who wrote it ). reporting errors / results back is done using
response queues and admin queues.

If you want your application to be protocol independent and you have .NET
3.0, you may want to look at WCF (Windows Communication Foundation).

If you have more specific questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Hope that helps,
Yoel Arnon
www.msmq.biz

"calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
> Dear all,
>
> I need to setup an application which is based on a 3 tiers layer located
> on
> the same machine as a first step but may be not in the future. I need to
> defined a loosly couple environement betwenn those layer and in addition
> that I need to get asynchron communication between different .NET library
> of
> my own or am OEM application.
>
> The idea I get is to create a central component whcih will be in charge to
> create needed MSMQ and dispatch incoming message to proper library when
> needed.
> When the library receive that message then it does propre action like
> calling
> metod in data layer for storage.
>
> What is quite fuzzy actually for me is in which form this Comon message
> component can be created. As a window service ? as COM+ serviced
> component ?
>
> Should I go fo MSMQ or .Net remoting Asyncrhounous delegate
> What is the best approach, I ma really confuse ?
>
> An important point as well is that in case a message can not be process or
> process with an error I should be able to inform the application which has
> place the message on the queue
>

> Thnaks for all
> regards
> serge
> MCAD.NET

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Do you think that WCF could solve my requirement ?
Would it be simpler ?

The problem is that I know what I need but do not know which technology
would apply the best becasue of lack in that part as I have never use such
thing before, and now it seems that I have to go for that.. I need to be sure
on the choice I will go for becasue I think it will be hard to come backwards
afterwards...

Any comemnts?

regard
serge