Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > xp pagefile missing at startup

xp pagefile missing at startup

bedge

I have a message saying no page file!
i have tried to set a manual pagefile 512-1548
tried setting it on another drive and tried system set as well but no good
i even tryed a copy of a pagefile from another xp box
but my machine deleted it on startup and the same message comes no page file
any ideas??
thanks
bedge

why?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:24:09 -0000, bedge wrote:

>I have a message saying no page file!
>i have tried to set a manual pagefile 512-1548

You remembered to click on set, otherwise it won't.

Don't use manual, use allow Windows to manage.

Basic or Dynamic volumes?

>tried setting it on another drive and tried system set as well but no good

Delete any existing pagefile

>i even tryed a copy of a pagefile from another xp box

Since it's scratch temp memory no need , besides it sounds just plain
silly to try that.

>but my machine deleted it on startup and the same message comes no page file
>any ideas??

www.google.com finds many articles,

Some reading,

http://www.petri.co.il/pagefile_optimization.htm