Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Whats wrong with Amsterdam?

Whats wrong with Amsterdam?

Port Admiral Haynes

Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype and
checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

Is something wrong with Holland?

Rob

"Port Admiral Haynes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4602964b$0$22514$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype

and
> checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>
> Is something wrong with Holland?

Just looked. It is listed, only it's disguising itself as "Netherlands".

Rob

Brian

On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype and
> checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>
> Is something wrong with Holland?

Netherlands?

Brian.

Port Admiral Haynes

news:etu6et$ooj$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
>> Checked
>> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
>> and
>> checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>>
>> Is something wrong with Holland?

> Netherlands?
>
> Brian.

Dooh!

Sorry - thanks - my bad!

I must have been given the wrong number!

Roger

"Port Admiral Haynes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4602964b$0$22514$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
> and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>
> Is something wrong with Holland?

Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for starters,

Roger

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:etu6et$ooj$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
>>> Checked
>>> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have
>>> Skype and
>>> checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>>>
>>> Is something wrong with Holland?

>> Netherlands?
>>
>> Brian.

> Dooh!
>
> Sorry - thanks - my bad!
>
> I must have been given the wrong number!

Holland is only part of The Netherlands.

Herman

"Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Port Admiral Haynes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4602964b$0$22514$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
>> Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have
>> Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>>
>> Is something wrong with Holland?

> Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
> starters,
>
> Roger
>
> P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

Sorry couldn't resist it!

clavox@btinternet.com

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:20:51 -0000, "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Port Admiral Haynes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:4602964b$0$22514$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
>> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
>> and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>>
>> Is something wrong with Holland?

>Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for starters,

And like Belgium Holland is a very beautiful country and the fact that
they are both flat is a blessing to some of us .

R. Mark Clayton

"Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uxxMh.7647$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Port Admiral Haynes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4602964b$0$22514$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
>>> Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I
>>> have Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
>>>
>>> Is something wrong with Holland?

>> Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
>> starters,
>>
>> Roger
>>
>> P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

> While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

Yes but there is another difference

In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go out
of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you in
English.

In Wales most people speak English as a first language, but many will go out
of their way to make you feel unwelcome in bars etc. by switching to talking
in [bad] Welsh as soon as they sus' you.

> Sorry couldn't resist it!

Ivor Jones

"R. Mark Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language,
> but many will go out of their way to make you feel
> welcome in bars etc. by talking to you in English.
>
> In Wales most people speak English as a first language,
> but many will go out of their way to make you feel
> unwelcome in bars etc. by switching to talking in [bad]
> Welsh as soon as they sus' you.

Ah, but the beer is better in Wales

Ivor