Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Quick Launch Bar Missing

Quick Launch Bar Missing

Rusty

Each time I boot up my PC I have to enable the quick launch bar. It
disappears when I shut down.

Also, no restore points appear other than the current day's checkpoint.

I've run out of ideas on how to fix these problems. Are they likely caused
by malaware?

I'm running XP Pro SP2

Cheers,
Ken Russell

Seniors Guide to Computers

"Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOUR HAT home.com.au> wrote in message
news:46022420$0$5749$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Each time I boot up my PC I have to enable the quick launch bar. It
> disappears when I shut down.
>
> Also, no restore points appear other than the current day's checkpoint.
>
> I've run out of ideas on how to fix these problems. Are they likely
> caused by malaware?
>
> I'm running XP Pro SP2
>
> Cheers,
> Ken Russell

Download and run "HijackThis" and look for the following entry:

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\Windows\System32\wsaupdater.exe

Paste that line into Google and find a fix.
It will in something like:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Senior's Guide to Computers
http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com