Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

Reply
Thread Tools

Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?RExTLjUz?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-21-2007
I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I
can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the
appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
--
DonaldS
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?a2VucGhvdG9ncmFwaGVy?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-21-2007


"DLS.53" wrote:

> I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I
> can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the
> appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
> --
> DonaldS


I've got the same problem with a Netgear card. It must be a registry problem
but no one seems to know haw to cure it.

Ken
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?RExTLjUz?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2007
Surely someone knows what to do. Thanks alot .
--
DonaldS


"kenphotographer" wrote:

>
>
> "DLS.53" wrote:
>
> > I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I
> > can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the
> > appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
> > --
> > DonaldS

>
> I've got the same problem with a Netgear card. It must be a registry problem
> but no one seems to know haw to cure it.
>
> Ken

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2007
Hi
If you know for sure that there are Hotspot within the range of your
apartment then it might be some thing that need to be fixing.
But it sound like there is No available Hotspot transmitting viable signal
to your apartment.
Free Wireless connection is Not readily available commodity all over the
USA. Most people who use Wireless has their own private or corporate Access
Points and Internet connection.
If you want to check the computers Wireless settings these might help,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"DLS.53" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment
> I
> can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at
> the
> appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
> --
> DonaldS



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?a2VucGhvdG9ncmFwaGVy?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-24-2007


"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> If you know for sure that there are Hotspot within the range of your
> apartment then it might be some thing that need to be fixing.
> But it sound like there is No available Hotspot transmitting viable signal
> to your apartment.
> Free Wireless connection is Not readily available commodity all over the
> USA. Most people who use Wireless has their own private or corporate Access
> Points and Internet connection.
> If you want to check the computers Wireless settings these might help,
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "DLS.53" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment
> > I
> > can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at
> > the
> > appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
> > --
> > DonaldS

>
>
> My problem is not related to 'Hotspots'. My router works fine and my PC (wireless) works fine - my laptop also wireless used to work fine and still does with other routers nearby. I recognises my router but will not connect fully or obtain an IP address. I am informed by Netgear that it is a registry problem. I have used 2 registry cleaners without success. All I need to know is how do I cure the registry problem?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop A -> Wireless Router -> Laptop B and Laptop C ??? rafael Wireless Networking 7 01-21-2008 02:10 AM
networking two pc together with wireless networking ? Andy Wireless Networking 4 02-26-2007 06:02 PM
Wireless DSL modem. Networking the wired desktop and wireless laptop. W. Kirk Crawford Wireless Networking 3 01-11-2006 04:16 PM
wireless networking a desk top and wireless laptop togeather =?Utf-8?B?bWlrY2tvejc0?= Wireless Networking 1 07-15-2005 04:25 PM
PROBLEMS WITH NETWORKING - NEW TO NETWORKING =?Utf-8?B?QUJTUE9QVVA=?= Wireless Networking 2 03-23-2005 08:31 AM



Advertisments