Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > one mouse upsets another mouse

one mouse upsets another mouse

JWBH

I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does not
want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to solve
the problem please ? thanks

PeeCee

"JWBH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:34iMh.3292$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
>microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does not
>want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to solve
>the problem please ? thanks

Try resyncing the mouse with the base, it may move the frequency it uses far
enough away to minimise interference.

Otherwise just use a USB mouse.

Paul.

Blinky the Shark

JWBH wrote:
> I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
> microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does not
> want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to solve
> the problem please ? thanks

Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the other
side of the room?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> JWBH wrote:
>> I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has a
>> microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine does
>> not
>> want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be possible to
>> solve
>> the problem please ? thanks

> Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the other
> side of the room?

Heh! I usually tell people to skip the wireless mouse too. There are two
exceptions: laptop users and people doing CAD, photo editing, or other
processes needing very precise control over mouse movement. I've found that
a mouse cord often becomes irritating when it bumps things or pulls the
mouse back in the middle of some critical work.

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> JWBH wrote:
>>> I have a logitech cordless mouse. Someone using the same table has
>>> a microsoft cordless mouse. You've guessed when she uses hers, mine
>>> does not want to move properly. Any suggestions on what might be
>>> possible to solve the problem please ? thanks

>> Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the
>> other side of the room?
>>

> Heh! I usually tell people to skip the wireless mouse too. There are
> two exceptions: laptop users and people doing CAD, photo editing, or
> other processes needing very precise control over mouse movement. I've
> found that a mouse cord often becomes irritating when it bumps things
> or pulls the mouse back in the middle of some critical work.

For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
extraterrestrials, not for human hands.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>>
>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>
>>> Use a wired mouse. Do you really need to use your mouse from the
>>> other side of the room?
>>>

>> Heh! I usually tell people to skip the wireless mouse too. There are
>> two exceptions: laptop users and people doing CAD, photo editing, or
>> other processes needing very precise control over mouse movement. I've
>> found that a mouse cord often becomes irritating when it bumps things
>> or pulls the mouse back in the middle of some critical work.

> For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
> movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
> And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
> mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
> the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
> mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
> screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
> extraterrestrials, not for human hands.

I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad on my
laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of the issue with
a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis in my thumb. After
about 5 minutes I can't stand it anymore <g>! I did a little better with the
big-a$$ center ball type.

Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball? Big
honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever? Now THAT was
a trackball!

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
>> movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
>> And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
>> mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
>> the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
>> mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
>> screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
>> extraterrestrials, not for human hands.
>>

> I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad on my
> laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of the issue with
> a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis in my thumb. After

Well, sure. That's a special case.

> Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball? Big
> honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever? Now THAT was
> a trackball!

Sure do. I remember playing track'n'field arcade consoles with them.
The whole idea was your guy ran/jumped/whatever better the faster you
spun the ball. That got boring in a hurry.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>>
>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> For over ten years, I've known the joy of good trackballs. No cord
>>> movement at all. And its geographical needs are no larger than itself.
>>> And for graphics editing where precision is critical, you never move the
>>> mouse a pixel or two when you click, because you've taken your thumb off
>>> the ball. I'm not talking about $9 trackballs by Fly-By-Night Inc.,
>>> mind you. I'm a Logitech kinda shark. Large optical thumb balls; the
>>> screwy ones with the ball in the center are designed for
>>> extraterrestrials, not for human hands.
>>>

>> I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad on my
>> laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of the issue
>> with
>> a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis in my thumb. After

> Well, sure. That's a special case.
>
>> Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball? Big
>> honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever? Now THAT
>> was
>> a trackball!

> Sure do. I remember playing track'n'field arcade consoles with them.
> The whole idea was your guy ran/jumped/whatever better the faster you
> spun the ball. That got boring in a hurry.

LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very nice 3D
games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be fun to
build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side, tilt switches
inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> WhzzKdd wrote:
>>>
>>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> I have other friends who swear by them, but (just like the touchpad
>>> on my laptop) I've never been able to work well with them. Part of
>>> the issue with a thumb operated trackball (for me) is the arthritis
>>> in my thumb. After

>> Well, sure. That's a special case.
>>
>>> Remember the early arcade games that had what felt like a cue ball?
>>> Big honkin' solid thing. You could roll it, and it'd spin forever?
>>> Now THAT was a trackball!

>> Sure do. I remember playing track'n'field arcade consoles with them.
>> The whole idea was your guy ran/jumped/whatever better the faster you
>> spun the ball. That got boring in a hurry.
>>

> LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very
> nice 3D

I was a pinball wizard on the real machines.

On the way to getting married one afternoon (no, that was not a typo
<g>) in 1973 I stopped off at an arcade to shoot some pinball. I
couldn't lose. On my quarter I ran the machine up to fifteen or twenty
games. I just kept playing and playing. It kept getting later and
later Finally, I said to the twelve-or-so-year-old kid who was watching
me in awe, "Hey, take these games willya? I gotta go get married!" He
looked at me like, "You're going to give up all those games for
*that*?!" In retrospect, he was right to quesiton me. Granted, that
*was* the best of My Three Exes. And yes, I was a little late
getting to the wedding.

> games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be
> fun to build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side, tilt
> switches inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.

Yeah, I thought of that, too. Video pinball lacks a metric buttload of
tactile feedback. You can almost dance with a real pinball machine.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>>
>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> LOL! I used to play a lot of pinball on my PC (Full Tilt - some very
>> nice 3D

> I was a pinball wizard on the real machines.
>
> On the way to getting married one afternoon (no, that was not a typo
> <g>) in 1973 I stopped off at an arcade to shoot some pinball. I
> couldn't lose. On my quarter I ran the machine up to fifteen or twenty
> games. I just kept playing and playing. It kept getting later and
> later Finally, I said to the twelve-or-so-year-old kid who was watching
> me in awe, "Hey, take these games willya? I gotta go get married!" He
> looked at me like, "You're going to give up all those games for
> *that*?!" In retrospect, he was right to quesiton me. Granted, that
> *was* the best of My Three Exes. And yes, I was a little late
> getting to the wedding.

I've been there twice. Really wish I could have kept the second one. But, to
be perfectly honest, I can be a real ass.

>> games) using the keyboard for controls. I often thought it would be
>> fun to build a control box: big red flipper buttons on the side, tilt
>> switches inside, hack into an old keyboard and hook it up.

> Yeah, I thought of that, too. Video pinball lacks a metric buttload of
> tactile feedback. You can almost dance with a real pinball machine.

I was never that good, but I sure loved 'em. We had a few machines in the
rec room in the trailer park I grew up at. Most of my paper route earnings
went into those boxes

Which upsets you the most? The story or the photo? richard Computer Support 3 11-10-2010 02:01 PM
Lag in broadband upsets tech giants XPD NZ Computing 4 02-04-2006 09:23 AM
Form label length upsets IE RobM HTML 3 01-27-2005 09:22 AM
Passing value from one script on one page to another script on another page. Robert Cohen ASP General 3 07-15-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments