Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hi...iam a student from nit warangal india plz help me in linux encrypted file system project...

hi...iam a student from nit warangal india plz help me in linux encrypted file system project...

softsubbu.opensource@gmail.com

Hi,
thanks for sparing some time with my mail.

i want to add some cryptographic features to file system

i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
what they will do..]

i thought that..
when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..

in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
work is over...

is it correct???

iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system

is it that vfs_write() function

how to register new file system....
some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
to do that??

Au79

> Hi,
> thanks for sparing some time with my mail.
>
> i want to add some cryptographic features to file system
>
> i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
> what they will do..]
>
> i thought that..
> when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..
>
> in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
> work is over...
>

> is it correct???
>

> iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
> i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system
>
> is it that vfs_write() function
>
> how to register new file system....
> some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
> to do that??

Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
issues.

http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Au79 wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>thanks for sparing some time with my mail.
>>
>>i want to add some cryptographic features to file system
>>
>>i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
>>what they will do..]
>>
>>i thought that..
>>when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..
>>
>>in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
>>work is over...
>>

>>is it correct???
>>

>>iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
>>i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system
>>
>>is it that vfs_write() function
>>
>>how to register new file system....
>>some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
>>to do that??

> Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
> issues.

Some guy asks for help with Linux and the biggest Linux-troll in Usenet
tries to chase him off. Why didn't you tell him to switch to Vista?

Au79

Rôgêr wrote:

> Au79 wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>thanks for sparing some time with my mail.
>>>
>>>i want to add some cryptographic features to file system
>>>
>>>i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
>>>what they will do..]
>>>
>>>i thought that..
>>>when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..
>>>
>>>in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
>>>work is over...
>>>

>>>is it correct???
>>>

>>>iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
>>>i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system
>>>
>>>is it that vfs_write() function
>>>
>>>how to register new file system....
>>>some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
>>>to do that??

>> Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
>> issues.

> Some guy asks for help with Linux and the biggest Linux-troll in Usenet
> tries to chase him off. Why didn't you tell him to switch to Vista?

I directed him to the proper Linux help ng. I doubt that you would have had
the right answer to his problem.