Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Cannot send email

Cannot send email

=?Utf-8?B?bGluZGFwcGw=?=

I can receive email, but cannot send. ISP is AOL.

Could be the Outgoing server in your account is incorrect
or your Outbox could be corrupt
Depending on your OS

2000/XP

OE: Tools | Options | Maintenance tab
Press the Store Folders button.
Note the location of the message stores (dbx files)
Close OE
Open Windows Explorer Tools | Folder Options | Views tab
Select "Show hidden files and folders"
Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"
Click Apply then OK
The files will now be visible in Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the folder that contains the dbx files you
found in the Store Folders dialog Rename Outbox.dbx to
Outbox.old Restart OE

95/98

Start > Find > Files of Folders
Enter Outbox.dbx, look in C: drive
Rename Outbox.dbx to .old
Reopen Outlook

Andy Foster

'Nuff said

Might help if you click "Send"

Politician Spock

news(E-Mail Removed)...

Only http://www.icertify.net can respond to your issue.

--
Politician Spock

JaR

Politician Spock opined, On 2/16/04 8:07 AM:

> "lindappl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I can receive email, but cannot send. ISP is AOL.

> Only http://www.icertify.net can respond to your issue.

Hey! Dammit! That coffee was HOT!

JaR
Scalded Thug