Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 (Socket A)

Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 (Socket A)

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

make sure u have cooled the Chipset too

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy
make sure u have cooled the Chipset too
http://forum.velocityreviews.com/viewtopic.php?t=493

That was my dads comp, I used Shin Etsu on mine and not the standard white crap.
(EDIT: I don't know what that border coding is next to the wink, it's not anything I can see when editing. Forum bug perhaps?)

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

fan maybe?

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy
fan maybe?
Nah, the stocky was one with a fan and these are the most popular chipset coolers for this type of motherboard. They are passive and I have enough air flow for it in my case at the moment.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

sounds like it needs to be Phase Cooled to me

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Ahahahaha nah, not this rig. Too much money for me to afford aswell Plus it's too much extra crap to lug around. Wouldn't be able to take it to LAN parties and things.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

what about a water cooled case???, or u could mod one up and fit it with a condenser like my idea

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Water cooled case? As in the whole case cooled or just cpu and stuff because I'm already planning to water cool

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

well its just the CPU and GPU, though u can get Vapour Chilled Cases, with just a screw to a fan port (on the back)

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Okay yeh, I thought I said earlier I was gonna get watercooling. Anyways I'm planning to push this socket A processor as far as it will go before it dies. I bought an MCW-6002 block awhile back then straight after that the one block I always wanted (Silverprop Cyclone Evo SE) was being sold so I bought that then managed to luckily sell the MCW-6002. Both were second hand but in great nick. Apart from the block I don't have any of the other components at the moment. Building a custom reservoir at some stage so that should be good.