Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: Unemployment

Re: Unemployment

Brat

let me put it this way... no will rush to Canada for our benefits... max you
can get is $413/wk CDN... its based on your previous salary at 60%... I just
got off benefits and I was getting $202/wk for me and 2 kids... ugh! Talk
about encouragement to get a job huh? lol... well that and I hate getting
handouts

--
Sue MCNGP #69

"Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wondering if anybody would care to tell me how unemployment
> works in their country? Basic rules. I'm curious, because I have been
> told that Australia has quite an attractive social welfare system.
> People immigrate here to get benefits.
>
> Over here, you receive about AU$300 (about US$240) per fortnight
> if you are an unemployed single. This amount is pretty much
> doubled if your spouse is also unemployed. What makes it variable
> is that you can also claim rent assistance if you are not living in your
> own home. Curiously, you can rent your home out at the same time.
> Benefits are means tested, but you would have to be quite wealthy
> not to qualify (some millionaire farmers, rich in assetts but cash
> poor, get benefits). The Government does not expect you to sell
> your home before being eligible for benefits but does expect you
> to spend any savings you have. If you have children, you qualify
> for even more money. So much so that at around 3-4 children,
> you will likely get more benefits in real terms than working a
> non-professional, full time job. Six or more children can be the
> same as a professional income.
>
> Most put in a form every two weeks. You have to show that you
> are actively engaged in looking for work, or training for new skills.
> We do have chronic unemployed, who measure their welfare time
> in decades.
>
> I would be interested to find out what welfare is like for Americans,
> those in Europe and the UK.
>
> It is my understanding that there is no such things as unemployment
> benefits in India, most of Asia and some other well developed
> countries, even if you have been working and find yourself
> unemployed after loyal service.

billyw

i think the uk has similarities with all these systems.
having been unemployed prior to starting my own thing you dont get much 110
per fortnight again for six months. there are other breaks as well depending
on what your spouse is/isn't earning. other things you can get are
training.. for instance i got my mcse paid for me. when the 6 months are up
there are other benefits that you can become eligible for again depending on
family income.
UK seems to get social migrants as well.

thing that bothers me if all these english speaking countries are so bad,
why do "THEY" insist on coming?

on the thing about big families. i used to think they were spongers and some
may be. but with declining birth rates in the "west" they are doing us a
service.

"Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> let me put it this way... no will rush to Canada for our benefits... max

you
> can get is $413/wk CDN... its based on your previous salary at 60%... I

just
> got off benefits and I was getting $202/wk for me and 2 kids... ugh! Talk
> about encouragement to get a job huh? lol... well that and I hate getting
> handouts
>
> --
> Sue MCNGP #69
>
> "Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just wondering if anybody would care to tell me how unemployment
> > works in their country? Basic rules. I'm curious, because I have been
> > told that Australia has quite an attractive social welfare system.
> > People immigrate here to get benefits.
> >
> > Over here, you receive about AU$300 (about US$240) per fortnight
> > if you are an unemployed single. This amount is pretty much
> > doubled if your spouse is also unemployed. What makes it variable
> > is that you can also claim rent assistance if you are not living in your
> > own home. Curiously, you can rent your home out at the same time.
> > Benefits are means tested, but you would have to be quite wealthy
> > not to qualify (some millionaire farmers, rich in assetts but cash
> > poor, get benefits). The Government does not expect you to sell
> > your home before being eligible for benefits but does expect you
> > to spend any savings you have. If you have children, you qualify
> > for even more money. So much so that at around 3-4 children,
> > you will likely get more benefits in real terms than working a
> > non-professional, full time job. Six or more children can be the
> > same as a professional income.
> >
> > Most put in a form every two weeks. You have to show that you
> > are actively engaged in looking for work, or training for new skills.
> > We do have chronic unemployed, who measure their welfare time
> > in decades.
> >
> > I would be interested to find out what welfare is like for Americans,
> > those in Europe and the UK.
> >
> > It is my understanding that there is no such things as unemployment
> > benefits in India, most of Asia and some other well developed
> > countries, even if you have been working and find yourself
> > unemployed after loyal service.

Rowdy Yates

"Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> let me put it this way... no will rush to Canada for our benefits...
> max you can get is $413/wk CDN... its based on your previous salary at
> 60%... I just got off benefits and I was getting $202/wk for me and 2
> kids... ugh! Talk about encouragement to get a job huh? lol... well
> that and I hate getting handouts

i feel bad for you. when i was on UI i was young & single. spent most of it
on two-fours of Black Ice and Algonquin park.

--
Rowdy Yates
Things I learnt in the army:

Will I be able to get unemployment benefits? Questioneer Computer Support 18 04-21-2009 10:25 PM
Re: OT: Unemployment westnile MCSE 0 02-15-2004 02:15 PM
OT: Unemployment Bob MCSE 1 02-15-2004 01:56 AM
Re: OT: Unemployment Rowdy Yates MCSE 1 02-14-2004 09:10 AM
Re: Unemployment James Martin MCSE 3 02-13-2004 08:47 PM

Advertisments