Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Best practice for routing to 2 different gateways

Best practice for routing to 2 different gateways

Pascal

Hello,

I am planning a future network.

We will have
network1 10.0.0.0/24
network2 10.2.0.0/24
network1 and network2 are hooked up via a wan link both end connected to
a Cisco 2431

However network1 needs to access the internet as well through a firewall
doing NAT.

If I need to route the traffic correctly; what is the best procedure ?

- Have all machines in network1 use the firewall as the default gw and
setup a route on the firewall to reroute traffic to 10.2.0.0/24 to the
Cisco2431
- Create a static persistent route on all my devices in network1 that
would basically state : all traffic for 10.2.0.0/24 network goes through
IP address of Cisco2431 ?

Thank you