Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > small problem

small problem

Ben

I came into a debockle the other day when a manager wanted
to send a fax. the manager used the print option of word.
he went through the normal process of entering the
information for recipt. the preview screen shows the
number correctly. the number faxed is without an area
code. the number 1 showes, so does the number, just no
area code.
I am not new to system support, but i am not a pro. i
have tried all the modem settings in modem properties,
modem software settings, and gone as far as to reset to
original configuration - all seems right.
I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has seen
this and has a simple fix for it.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=

----- Ben wrote: ----

I came into a debockle the other day when a manager wanted
to send a fax. the manager used the print option of word.
he went through the normal process of entering the
information for recipt.

I might have missed the bleedingly obvious, but a fax is no
an email that you "send" a message to, so how come you ar
expecting to program the fax at the other end to send you
receipt

Windows FAX can update your application event log to
reflect that a fax was sent, if that helps?

ben

I admit, when i look at it like that it is a bit funny,
but i may have been unclear.
when the fax is set with the recipients information ( fax
number, recipiant's name)it shows the correct
information. Mainly, the correct number including 1+ area
code, prefix and destination number. the prefax shows all
the information correctly also, however, when one attempts
to send the fax the area code is missing and it attempts
to dial a 1+ prefix and destination number. it is only on
that machine.
In order to solve the issue, I have also tried to work
into the problem to find the steps taken to cause this,
however i have been unsuccessful. before i left tonight i
reloaded the software for word and the fax software and i
am hopefull that it will be solved. I was looking for a
quicker fix just in the chance it happens again.

not
>an email that you "send" a message to, so how come you are
>expecting to program the fax at the other end to send you

>receipt?
>
>Windows FAX can update your application event log to
>reflect that a fax was sent, if that helps?
>.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=

Check the regional settings for the machine at fault?