Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > over ride XP

over ride XP

Troy

I plan on overwriting XP home edition on both of my
computers. One (the Server) will have 2000 server and sql
2000 server. The other (my work station) will have 2000
prof and sql pro.

At the present time. I have only xp installed on both
systems. I want to install the above as stated witout
loosing any of my files on either PC. Should I do a
complete over write or just add in win 2000 in a seprate
partition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brianz

You'll have to do an installation into separate partition. The setup
routine for 2k won't allow you to downgrade the XP installations.

"Troy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e45a01c3f05c$49c52460$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I plan on overwriting XP home edition on both of my
> computers. One (the Server) will have 2000 server and sql
> 2000 server. The other (my work station) will have 2000
> prof and sql pro.
>
> At the present time. I have only xp installed on both
> systems. I want to install the above as stated witout
> loosing any of my files on either PC. Should I do a
> complete over write or just add in win 2000 in a seprate
> partition.

kulgan

You will probably have to reinstall XP after win 2000 if
you want a dual boot system. Why dont you back up your
data you want to a seperate HD or cd, Reload windows 2000
and restore your data. Hope this helps